how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NoraaC6

join:2008-07-24
Ashfield, MA
reply to PhilipG

Re: [HN9000] Why am I getting fapped during the fap-free time?

(HN9000) My download allowance has been stuck on 100% since the outage no matter how much I download. However speeds are so slow that I can't download more than a hundred meg an hour. Time to refill is never more than a few hours.

I just checked my usage page and there is no data since 21:00 on 01/23. The modem thinks it's Jan 4, 2000.

Also none of my tokens have been used so far.

It seems pretty clear that these anomalies and others reported in this thread are side effects of what ever caused the outage.

It would be interesting to know whats going on but I won't hold my breath waiting for Hughesnet to tell us about it

WDuluoz

@direcway.com
From what I've read on the community site and from what I experienced this morning. The time of the free download seems to be off. It is occurring around 6am - 11am est (about).
I was able to download without a change in my usage till about 11:30am this morning. How long this will last is anyone's guess.

Heh213

join:2012-06-16
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to NoraaC6
said by NoraaC6:

(HN9000) My download allowance has been stuck on 100% since the outage no matter how much I download. However speeds are so slow that I can't download more than a hundred meg an hour. Time to refill is never more than a few hours.

I just checked my usage page and there is no data since 21:00 on 01/23. The modem thinks it's Jan 4, 2000.

Was like that for about 2 days for me, then started draining. And last night I got fapped during what should have been the free zone because the time is a few hours off.

Imma be a zombie by the time they fix it lol

fillup

join:2009-11-10
Vinton, LA
reply to NoraaC6
said by NoraaC6:

(HN9000) However speeds are so slow that I can't download more than a hundred meg an hour.

Have you tried disabling Turbopage? I find whenever Hughes is throttling me, that by disabling Turbopage, I get a HUGE increase in download speed.

NoraaC6

join:2008-07-24
Ashfield, MA
said by fillup See Profile
Have you tried disabling Turbopage? I find whenever Hughes is throttling me, that by disabling Turbopage, I get a HUGE increase in download speed.
[/BQUOTE :

Thanks for the tip - I will try it again when things get back to "normal".

Right now it didn't make any difference on my current download I stopped and restarted it and still do diff.

Tried starting a new download (All from TWIT network) but no better. No big surprise things are obviously screwed up on Hughes's end.

One interesting thing - When I re-enabled Turbo Page - (General web surfing seems to be near impossible without it) - now the green light in system control center is yellow - probably more appropriate for the current speeds I'm getting. (Download allowance NOT exceeded according to SCC.