join:2013-03-10
Sergeant Bluff, IA
reply to sirfroggz

Really high ping last few nights.

Nodozz

join:2013-03-10
Sergeant Bluff, IA
reply to Nodozz

We need to start calling again, last 2-3 nights have been high latency, back to where it was a month ago when they fixed the hardware issue they were having.

Nodozz

@cableone.net
reply to rekd0514

Yes they fixed it during the morning of the 29th. Thank you all for calling them and telling them about the issue. Lets please remain vigilant if we see issues like this in the future.

rekd0514

join:2009-03-24
North Sioux City, SD
reply to sirfroggz

They seem fine to me. I am near Sioux City as well.

Nodozz

@cableone.net
reply to Kram870

Called cable one last night ping is around 5 times what it usually is between 7pm-11pm. After 50 mins of talking to a Tier 1 rep that was mostly just trying to brush me off, they said they were aware of a regional issue, something about a circuit. Canned response? idk. Been bad for about a week.

Kram870

@cableone.net
reply to sirfroggz

Yes i am having that same issue!!

bville

@cableone.net
reply to sirfroggz

I'm in a small town near tulsa OK, the past week has been incredible. pings skyrockets around 7pm to 11pm. called customer support 3 times, got ZERO help. did the usual restart router/modem, connect directly to modem, etc, etc. its not my equipment, its the congested line in the evening.

they tell me to use the cableone speed test, showing 30mb down, which is garbage. my REAL speedtests to other sites shows my real connectivity ~2mb down, but they won't accept that.

paying the 50mb plan, getting 2mb down. absolutely awful.

areoh

join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO
reply to sirfroggz

Yup, speeds seem fine, but ultra high-pings.

I inquired today about slow upload speeds (totally forgetting about the ping issue) this was told "Your upload is being affected by a circuit issue we are having today. We will be performing emergency maintenance tonight to resolve the latency issues."

I'm going to guess the issues are related.
--
»www.areoh.com

sirfroggz

join:2013-01-27

I don't mean to revive an old post, but is anyone else getting really high ping at night in Sioux city again. I'm on a DOCSIS 3.0 and have a 50mb connection