spc
uniqs
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru to Perma

to Perma

Re: VPN - START Cable customer

said by Perma:

privateinternetaccess.com is the cheapest by far and has the most geographical options with unlimited shipping. You can pay anonymously by bitcoins, or TD money transfer, they also use shared IP's and keep 0 logs.

+1

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1

said by Guru:

said by Perma:

privateinternetaccess.com is the cheapest by far and has the most geographical options with unlimited shipping. You can pay anonymously by bitcoins, or TD money transfer, they also use shared IP's and keep 0 logs.

+1

-1 Crappy speeds, bad customer service, doesn't honor policy's. Don't signup with these guys they're the Bell Canada of VPN providers.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

What was your actual issue? I'm curious..

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma to neuromancer1

to neuromancer1
Funny, I have amazing speeds with them, even when I'm connected to a server in Chicago. I download, stream netflix, and play games online while maintaining a solid ping.

TelusAnonUse
@shawcable.net

TelusAnonUse

Anon

I have PIA with a Telus 25 and Eastlink 20 connection. In either case, with PIA running (I have a tomato router on each connection) I have never gotten more than about 3mbps while downloading, no matter if I'm using a US, Canadian or European setup. Eastlink sucks at any time (that 20 mbps connection usually runs around 5), but Telus can rock the full bandwidth without the VPN running.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

Running the VPN on the router, or on the PC doing the downloading?

My experience to date with VPN on routers, even FAST routers, is that they choke the connection trying to keep up with the crypto. Running it on a fast enough PC gives me wire speed (30-45mbits/sec download). Running on a router chokes things down to 10-20mbit/sec, as does running it on a low-power Atom-based netbook.

Cheers