Laurel, MD
kudos:1

"Innovations by Apple" on QVC just now

Is Steve rolling yet?

Brendan
Warr Guitar is here

join:2000-07-14
Littleton, CO

Wait, I think I hear something... It's confirmed, he's rolling.

DarkSithPro

join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ
kudos:2
reply to wmcbrine

AAPL stock has tanked more than 260 dollars in less than 6 months. As an iPhone user who uses Android products I can see why this is happening. First I can honestly say one major problem is Apples ageing IOS design. I mean c'mon! It's been roughly 6 years and the interface hasn't changed much. It's boring and looks archaic compared to Windows 8 and Android. This is why so many people where underwhelmed when they got their iPhone 5's. Nice new phone with the same old classic interface=meh. Android Jelly Bean IMO has surpassed IOS in terms of features and eye candy. Another problem is the iPad Mini. It's a rushed product to compete with the Nexus devices. By rushed Apple repackaged 2 year old hardware from the iPad 2. A product Jobs himself said wouldn't work. I don't thik Steve would have released a mini that has lower specs than the Nexus 7, just my opinion.

Playing catch up. When Jobs was around pretty much every phone/tablet release had a new, unique feature no other device had. Now they are just playing catch up to their competitors.

kerriskandie

join:2001-10-09
Coram, NY
reply to wmcbrine

They do seem to of stalled somewhat, since the passing of Teh Steve........................

I thought Teh Steve ( sorry) had left Apple with a 5?/10? year 'roadmap'..................even a 2 year one would surely of given us SOMETHING semi groundbreaking, by now......................???

As a long time Apple user.....I'm not panicking yet......but yes, getting a little worried........if I held stock ( missed opportunity 1997!!!!, thousand + pounds worth...didn't have the cojones!! duh) then I'd be a wee bit concerned...............

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DarkSithPro

iOS 6 sucked, iPad mini is lack luster, 10.8 is meh (but better than 10.7). 10.8.2 was released October 4. Meaning every bug that existed since October is still here.

iPhone 5 was ok. Not spectacular, but ok.

Where is 10.8.3?
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

The ipad mini rocks, thin, light, the specs are kinda meh, but the dated ios is what bothers me.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to wmcbrine

QVC is beyond a rip. Last summer or thereabouts they were selling 16GB iPads, non-retina for over $700 with a crappy case and some other junk...the same 16GB WiFi only model that SRPed for $400 brand new and $350 refurbed. QVC is proof crack doesn't smoke itself and that insomnia and credit cards don't mix.