spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Heartbroke

@50.44.55.x
reply to pcdebb

Re: [Scam] Animal scammer

This lady pretends to let you adopt her puppies, and you pay the shipping charges. You then receive a letter from the fake shipping company advising you the puppy is on the way along with a phone call. The next email from the shipping company states the puppy is at the connecting airport and cannot be shipped without a special crate and an insurance claim along with vet check. They request you send more money immediately or you will be charged extra for food and handling fees. Contacting the "owner" resulted in her stating she could only come under with 1/4 of the money and if we sent the rest to her she would handle the shipping company problem. Refusing resulted in nasty calls and emails. Police report was filed and the address listed on web is to a hotel, phone number was text only, and shipping company number had been disconnected. I had to have emergency surgery and can no longer have children. This puppy was going to be our first child together. It's just so heartbreaking that people are allowed to get away with this. They have to be stopped before they destroy more lives!!

b_p_smith
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON

1 recommendation

It's unfortunate that so many people learn these sorts of lessons the hard way. Hopefully the information you provided will help the police track the person down, but I'm willing to bet they're not even in North America.
Meanwhile, go visit (in person!) a local breeder or shelter. Lots and lots of nice dogs that you can look in the eyes before taking it home.

Brad.
--
Xplornet WiMAX -} Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running DD-WRT -} about 13 machines running everything you can think of.

Heartbroke

@50.44.55.x
My husband had been trying to surprise me, and after we recover from the hurt and financial loss I'm sure that is how we will proceed. I only hope to prevent others from going through this. Thank you so much.

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

said by Heartbroke :

My husband had been trying to surprise me, and after we recover from the hurt and financial loss I'm sure that is how we will proceed. I only hope to prevent others from going through this. Thank you so much.

Great idea!

Certified shelters and respectable animal organizations nationwide are overflowing with healthy pets simply looking for a loving home. Unfortunately: Because of the huge population explosion in unwanted animals being born due to lack of spaying/neutering, many wonderful would-be pets are euthanized before even being given a chance.

Visit your local shelter and I guarantee you'll find that special friend just right for you.
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to Heartbroke
this is extremely unfortunate, and I'm sorry you became a victim. Like others have stated, local shelters are overflowing with dogs (and cats). And keep in mind, they are not mutts or ugly dogs. There are some beautiful animals there that are there for various reasons. Please PLEASE take a visit there.

Finding the scammers won't be easy, but telling the story and getting the word out helps. This scam has been around for a while. you shut this site down, they create another. The first red flag was when the first phone call came extorting more money.
--
| map your city |