how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

flycuban

join:2005-04-25
Homestead, FL

What a bad idea

So if the iPhone is paid in full price of $800.00 at $20.00 a month, that would take 40 months to pay off... Looks like customers will NOT be upgrading their devices as often... Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.... Dang...

TWCcdman

join:2002-04-14
Kernersville, NC

and it will be the end of the unlimited plan too. Wondering getting a lower rate you will need to changed to one of the shared data plans or a bucket o minutes. AT&T figures out a way to screw the consumer in the end.

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

Again the European model, But your device and then look for service, make it easier to switch carriers. If AT&T knew you could tell them to stick it and switch, and competitors knew they could pick off customers with sweeter deals just think of the impact that would have.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

jagged

join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to flycuban

You do know the cost of your iPhone is factored into the voice and data plans you pay per month right?

you'll pay a lower price per month for your voice/data plan and tack on a monthly charge, after a downpayment, for your device of choice.

Right now if someone buys an iPhone from Ebay at a discount, they pay the same price per month as everyone else does but get no phone subsidy.

saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA
reply to flycuban

Your math is a little off. You are not getting that $800 phone free if you upgrade under the current plan. You still have to pay part of it at the time of upgrade.

A 32G I5 at AT&T is $750 retail. If you get it under the current plan you will have to pay $300 at the time of upgrade. That means you are financing $450 of the phone. If AT&T lowers the price plans by $20/mo and you pay the full retail for the phone you could upgrade every 22 months for about the same price.