Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

nVidia GeForce Experience Open Beta Launched

quote:
NVIDIA GeForce Experience Open Beta Launched

NVIDIA's GeForce Experience game settings optimization tool opened up to beta testing by the public at large. The software is designed to make PC gaming as effortless as console gaming, when it comes to getting the best experience out of available hardware. The tool detects your GeForce hardware, installed games, and suggests the best settings for your games given your system specs, which can be applied with one click.

GeForce Experience went open-beta with the release of a new version of the software, v1.0.1, which expands its list of supported games to include Far Cry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken; improved game detection logic, support for more CPUs (Core 2 series), playable settings for the new 2560 x 1440 resolution, translations to more languages, and numerous bug fixes.

»www.techpowerup.com/179429/NVIDI···hed.html

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Interesting, I'm curious to know if it's estimates towards best performance or best graphics.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
said by El Quintron:

Interesting, I'm curious to know if it's estimates towards best performance or best graphics.

Best graphics while keeping good performances is the most logical option.

With something like this, Steam' Big Picture mode and maybe a Steam Box coming in the near future, maybe PC gaming will finally get more popular.

Edit : Also I have read the next Xbox and Playstation consoles would use Intel CPUs. I guess It would make porting the games between PC and consoles much easier.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by BigBlarg:

Best graphics while keeping good performances is the most logical option.

Agreed but I'm curious if the tool is prejudiced towards a given set of options...

This'll take the hassle out of setting up your graphics for new PC gamers that's for sure.
--

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to BigBlarg
I heard they were using amd cpus. I don't know what to think anymore..

I wonder how this will work, like would it take overclocking in to account(be it factory or home done) or just the number on the card by what the dev says the system reqs are?

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to BigBlarg
said by BigBlarg:

With something like this, Steam' Big Picture mode and maybe a Steam Box coming in the near future, maybe PC gaming will finally get more popular.

I've used big picture mode with my laptop connected to my home entertainment system, and it was pretty awesome, assuming I could get steam w/gamepad and or wirelss K&M I'd be set.
--

me1122

@cmsu.edu
reply to Octavean
Interesting, but I wonder if it will detect(and take into account) overclocks, be they factory or hand done.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
said by me1122 :

Interesting, but I wonder if it will detect(and take into account) overclocks, be they factory or hand done.

I'd imagine this software would detect the clock speeds of any hardware it examines.

Even Windows Index Experience detects the overclock on my i5.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Octavean
If nVidia was only looking at the model of card that could take into account the factory OC and negate a user OC. Maybe they look at clock / mem speeds of the card,...

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to me1212
said by me1212:

I heard they were using amd cpus. I don't know what to think anymore..

RPS is guessing AMD:

»www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01···e-139696

said by Rock Paper Shotgun :
The next Playstation is codenamed Orbis. The next Xbox is known as Durango. Both will pack pure AMD technology, but with a slightly different spin than expected

First up, CPUs. And they appear to be identical. Eight cores. 1.6GHz clocks. AMD’s Jaguar architecture. Hold that thought, we’ll come back to it.

On the graphics side, there’s more of a delta. Sony has ponied up for a Radeon HD chip with 18 GCN units and therefore a grand total of 1,152 shaders. Microsoft has allegedly cheaped out with 12 units and thus 768 shaders.

Memory-wise, it’s 4GB of nippy GDDR5 from Sony and 8GB of DDR3 supplemented by 32MB of dedicated EDRAM for the GPU from Microsoft. Controllers and various motion-detection paraphernalia aside, the hardware specs are rounded out by Blu-ray for both boxes.

--

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Ghastlyone
Cool, hopefully nvidia will be able to get this right then. Granted I use amd right now so its not like its gonna effect me for now I guess.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to El Quintron
8 cores are fine and all, even from amd, when they are -all- being used on an application, but really that low a clock speed? I understand there will be optimizations, but those can take years to master(if the dev isn't too lazy/cheap to do them right), still thats probably gonna hold orbis back some. Even an 8100 at stock may be able to beat that, could even cost less since by then it will be old hardware.

Eh whatever, if thats how sony wants to do it we'll see how it pans out.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by me1212:

Eh whatever, if thats how sony wants to do it we'll see how it pans out.

Pretty much, I'm not buying an new Xbox or Playstation, I'll be getting an Ouya, and a Steambox if it makes it to the market, so Sony and Microsoft can do whatever they feel like doing.
--

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
I'd get steambox, but it looks like its just gonna be a normal linux pc, that can be dual booted with windows according to gaben, that launches into big picture mode. Doesn't sound like it would be worth it since I can just put linux on my gaming pc if I wanted that. Ouya, eh depends I like it, but its just a tegra 3 I'd rather get a nexus 7.7 with a tegra 4.

Other than that my wiiu and pc are good enough for now

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by me1212:

I'd get steambox, but it looks like its just gonna be a normal linux pc, that can be dual booted with windows according to gaben, that launches into big picture mode.

It's small enough and cute enough to park in front of my TV full time so that *might* win my wife over. We've had various PC incarnations attached to the TV, and we usually get rid of it for aesthetic reasons.
--

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
Thats the problem with getting married, in modern times, you have to worry about how stuff looks instead of just how it functions.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by me1212:

Thats the problem with getting married, in modern times, you have to worry about how stuff looks instead of just how it functions.

Well that, and children, and pets; wreaking havoc on your setup.

My wife doesn't mind the PC being hooked up to the TV, she just doesn't like living dangerously by having my two year old and the cat constantly poking and pulling on the various wires coming out all over the place.
--

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
Oh, okay thats understandable. Still there ought to be a way to like put it on a shelf or something. Assuming you have an entertainment center set up that way.