All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fazeTO
join:2011-03-22

fazeTO

Signed up!

Pretty excited about this. Signed up this morning for cable in R's land. Decided to rent the modem instead of buying. Will post a full review once its up and running.

Can someone confirm the rental modem the 476?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by fazeTO:

Pretty excited about this. Signed up this morning for cable in R's land. Decided to rent the modem instead of buying. Will post a full review once its up and running.

Can someone confirm the rental modem the 476?

Welcome aboard. For the rental, it depends on a number of factors such as package type and inventory availability at the time.

For purchases it's the 476.
fazeTO

fazeTO

Got the standard package. But I guess it would have to be a Docsis 3 modem at the minimum?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Yes it will be a D3 modem, could be a 475 or 476 depending on availability at the time of assignment.
fazeTO

fazeTO

So today is install day. Hoping everything goes smoothly. I have TV cable being installed as well so two technicians are coming by. I've just had such bad luck with Rogers that I'm really hoping this goes OK.

Will post back later with reviews and speed tests.
fazeTO

fazeTO

Everything went smoothly! Up and running at some insane speeds. Funny that the Rogers guy was saying how tpias are the way to go in terms of internet. He he!

For anyone considering start.... Go for it! Worth the switch!