spc
uniqs
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning

Re: [DSL] Bell FTTN 50 Mbps tier

said by HeadSpinning:

ISPs have already stated that with the CBB pricing model, even after price increases, they're no longer making any profit on wholesale GAS services.

Start.ca did not exist on legacy tariff rates. I doubt a new entrant would be able to stay in business long enough to see the CRTCs' decisions to produce favorable tariff changes if they did not set prices to manage a profit on the services they offer now, however thin it may be.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by InvalidError:

Start.ca did not exist on legacy tariff rates. I doubt a new entrant would be able to stay in business long enough to see the CRTCs' decisions to produce favorable tariff changes if they did not set prices to manage a profit on the services they offer now, however thin it may be.

Even Start is not making a profit, at least in Cogeco served areas, even with their revised packages:
»Re: New packages are available
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to InvalidError

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

Start is an established ISP that newly entered the cable market. As has been pointed out above, they're not making money on CBB rates.