spc
Search similar:

uniqs
podstolom
join:2010-01-25
Wichita, KS

podstolom

switching carriers

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are always saying they are leaving Verizon, yet Verizon keeps adding post-paid customers by the millions every quarter. And the more exorbitant their plans get, the more people they snare. Me being one of them.

I just don't get it.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

It's their TV commercials. They make you feel all warm and fussy inside.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to podstolom

Premium Member

to podstolom
Verizon is the Mercedes/BMW/Cadillac of the cellphone world. You get what you pay for.

If you want a better pricing while still using Verizon's 3G(not 4G(yet)) network try their mvno, Page Plus Cellular. I signed up for the $55 plan which has unlimited talk & text and 2Gb of data per month. For $69.95 you can get up the data upped to 5Gb of data.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to tired_runner

to tired_runner
No. Cowsumers find that it is easier to bitch, moan, and complain than it is to do something about it.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
Sorry to say but that's a bunch of bullshit.

Verizon operates a network just like the next carrier. There's nothing high class about them other than the choke hold they place on people's wallets for this very same perception of service.

The only exception to that is Sprint. They REALLY don't know what they're doing anymore.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76 to podstolom

to podstolom
People on forums like this are not the typical consumer, the typical consumer has Verizon in NJ, most users also don't think about changing carriers. the different between Verizon and Sprint or T-mobile coverage was night and day in NJ, 5 years ago, now any of them is good enough.

The fact that you couldn't get a subsidized handset and hold onto unlimited day, lost them quite a few of the users here, but not so much among the average users. Also GSM handsets are so much easier to swap and often cheaper at second hand places like ebay.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to podstolom

Premium Member

to podstolom
Where else would most go?

In most cities that I have worked in, there is only 1-2 choices to actually make when it comes to getting good signals around the cities....AT&T or Verizon....sometimes Sprint/T-Mobile but their signals are just atrocious in most places that I have been.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to battleop

to battleop
Well there what are the choice in the American market?

AT&T or VZ, who are basically (over)priced the same

TMobile, who is a few dollars cheaper yet has the smallest network and uses a 3G freq that no one else on the planet uses.

The you have sprint, who still assumes that value means paying as much as the first two, but offering unlimited. And of course, everything is 'coming soon' - 8 years and counting now

Most of the prepaid choices are half-baked companies who couldn't care less about CS.
Terabit

Terabit to tired_runner

to tired_runner
You mean Sprint and their dialup speed 3G evdo network or their decade long 'coming soon' saga.

Verizon is the best in the American market and they know it. That is why the price the way they do. They don't need to bother trying to compete.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to Terabit

to Terabit
So in retrospect maybe leaving all of those companies to save a buck years ago didn't turn out to be such a great idea after all. Just like the days of Dial Up short term consumer greed ran all of the choices out of business because people left to save a buck or two. Now you can fast forward many years to where there is little choice because the many choices that once existed either went bankrupt or saw the writing on the wall an sold out before it was too late.

If you want to bitch at anyone bitch at your fellow cowsumers...
en103
join:2011-05-02

en103 to Terabit

to Terabit
Its all about perception.

Verizon perceives that it is the American markets next best thing since sliced bread, and has enough people sold on that perception that they can charge for it, and get away with it, for 'fear' that you might not have precious LTE in every corner of the county.

Sorry - I'm not going to pay for something I don't need.
axus
join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC

axus to juilinsandar

to juilinsandar
More like Lexus; an overpriced Toyota with some bling, still very reliable AT&T is the Escalade that's stuck in traffic.