dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to borntochill

to borntochill

Re: [Voip.ms] Unreachable French mobile DID?

Just for laughs, I Googled for a +33 7, found +33 7 86 xx xx xx xx (Orange mobile), called on Voxbeam Direct, and apologized for the wrong number.

Quality was excellent, rate is $0.0231/min.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

said by Stewart:

Just for laughs, I Googled for a +33 7, found +33 7 86 xx xx xx xx (Orange mobile), called on Voxbeam Direct, and apologized for the wrong number.

Just for fun I also dialed this via our system bypassing the block, and got excellent quality as well, and we'll correct our rate chart and put a price lower than $0.0231. I didn't find funny though.

Zergle
@ipredator.se

Zergle

Anon

said by MartinM:

said by Stewart:

Just for fun I also dialed this via our system bypassing the block, and got excellent quality as well, and we'll correct our rate chart and put a price lower than $0.0231. I didn't find funny though.

So that I understand it: did the OP have the problem because he had a setting for his voip.ms account that blocked calls that cost more than xx cents per minute?

The way it stands now, it sounds like there was a problem with voip.ms and that it could somehow not connect to that French number or maybe to any French number.
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

said by Stewart:

Hi Martin,

Just to make sure I understand. Does this mean you've addressed my support ticket issue? (I gave Peter the ticket number through PM). No update in that ticket as of yet, but your tech seemed definitive in his answer that the number "is not reachable at all from our system" which struck me as odd since the DID appears readily routable from most CLECs.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

1 edit

MartinM to Zergle

Premium Member

to Zergle
said by Zergle :

The way it stands now, it sounds like there was a problem with voip.ms and that it could somehow not connect to that French number or maybe to any French number.

The customer could not connect to +3778XXX... The exchange was incorerctly marked as a "Premium Number" in our rate table. We fixed it. For those who don't know what premium numbres are are, google it. In VoIP, they are usually used for fraud and most VoIP providers don't allow calls to them.
borntochill
united state

borntochill to Zergle

to Zergle
said by Zergle :

So that I understand it: did the OP have the problem because he had a setting for his voip.ms account that blocked calls that cost more than xx cents per minute?

The issue wasn't because of cost restrictions on international calls on the affected account. The account was configured to allow international calls priced at up to 50 cents/minutes.

In a voip.ms support ticket, two techs said the problem was that routing to French DIDs having a 337 prefix could not be done from voip.ms because such DIDs were unreachable "International Premium" destinations. They provided no further explanation of what that meant. However, Martin and Peter at voip.ms are working with their support staff to fix this. I'll post an update if the issue is resolved.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM

Premium Member

The support ticket certainly wasn't handled properly. And I've had a serious discussion with the guys that handled your request. This will not happen again, and I apologise for the confusion.
borntochill
united state

borntochill to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

said by Zergle :

The customer could not connect to +3778XXX... The exchange was incorerctly marked as a "Premium Number" in our rate table. We fixed it. For those who don't know what premium numbres are are, google it. In VoIP, they are usually used for fraud and most VoIP providers don't allow calls to them.

I'm still having international routing/calling problems. I'm currently attempting to reach voip.ms through live chat.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member

MartinM

Premium Member

Ok is this a play-by-play ..? You have me willing to help, Peter helping you via PM, and an open ticket we're monitoring closely.
borntochill
united state

borntochill

Thanks Martin. Not blaming anyone. I know you're all trying!
borntochill

borntochill to MartinM

to MartinM
Martin, everything's working beautifully now with the routing! Thanks to you, Peter, Chris and anyone else who had a hand in making it right over at voip.ms.