All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sssscary
join:2007-10-23
Brockville, ON

sssscary

Bell offering unlimited again - good sign for us?

Bell offering unlimited again $30 extra a month (10 if you have 2 other services) ... is this a good sign that the capacity rate decision will allow decent caps for other providers?
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

Not really a sign either way. But if it doesn't go well, it could be grounds for another review in the future.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru to sssscary

to sssscary
Let's see what they will bring to the table! It'd be interesting to see where this lands...
jagerman
join:2011-01-10
Fredericton, NB

jagerman to sssscary

to sssscary
said by sssscary:

is this a good sign that the capacity rate decision will allow decent caps for other providers?

Not at all: the capacity rate prices (for Bell) are based on Bell's reported capacity costs, which were highly inflated above actual costs. Bell bases its own prices on consumer demand and its actual costs, and is not in any way required to incur the capacity rate charges itself.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to sssscary

Premium Member

to sssscary

It DOES strongly suggest that their network is not and/or never WAS congested.

That was just a pack of lies to try to raise their wholesale rates at the time - YOU know, the excuse of the month/year, or whatever.

The usual BH#$ELL-Schidt

King Sull
Premium Member
join:2012-03-26
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

King Sull to sssscary

Premium Member

to sssscary
I know this is for phones, but I'm assuming this is what's happening to internet as well.

"Under advertising guidelines in the draft code, wireless providers would still be able to advertise plans with some limits as "unlimited," but would have to explain "whether there are limits to the 'unlimited' plan and whether the service provider retains the discretion to move the consumer to a 'limited ' plan if usage limits are exceeded.""

Source:
»www.cbc.ca/news/technolo ··· rtc.html

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

1 recommendation

DrugTito

Bell guy was at my door 2 hours ago offering me DSL+HomePhone+SatteliteTV for about 87 bucks a month (+$10/mo for unlimited Internet), offer is not that bad, but, i told him no right away
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

said by DrugTito:

Bell guy was at my door 2 hours ago offering me DSL+HomePhone+SatteliteTV for about 87 bucks a month (+$10/mo for unlimited Internet), offer is not that bad, but, i told him no right away

Good job. When offer sounds too good to be true and simply too good, don't sign up.

I fell for it 2 times
useless2764
join:2008-10-11
Barrie, ON

useless2764 to sssscary

to sssscary
Current as of January 28, 2013. Available new to residential customers, where access and technology permit. Subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offers. Taxes extra. Other conditions apply. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of your Internet service agreement found at bell.ca/agreements.

nuff said

dwane1972
I recommend Start.ca
join:2003-10-08
Bailieboro, ON
Netgear R7900

dwane1972 to sssscary

to sssscary
Why would anyone in their right mind even consider using Bell once they have been set free?
In my books Bell = lies and broken promises.
I could understand if it was in an area where it was the only choice but more and more that's not the case.
I remember my days as a Bell customer... crippling latency, billing screw ups, inept useless customer (dis)service, draconian caps and inflated prices.
No thanks. I'm never going back to that if I have any say.
Even when I moved to Cogeco, immediately I noticed the improvement.
I'd probably still be with Cogeco if it wasn't for their price gouging on monthly bandwidth usage.
I effectively cut my telecommunications bill to less than half by going to Start. And the customer service experience has been one of the best I've ever had.
I'm never going back to Bell, they can promise all "deals" they want.
With Bell's "unlimited bandwidth" you also get unlimited incompetency and unlimited evil.

/end rant.
sssscary
join:2007-10-23
Brockville, ON

sssscary

I will never go back to Bell either, but it is good to see a more unlimited options.

DrugTito
join:2013-01-17
canada

DrugTito

said by sssscary:

I will never go back to Bell either, but it is good to see a more unlimited options.

I agree, i would go back to Rogers or Bell only IF i start having issues with start\teksavvy(etc) that they are unable to fix, unable to address, or, they change their way of working as well.