uniqs

RyanG1
Premium Member
join:2002-02-10
San Antonio, TX

RyanG1

Premium Member

[Config] 7921/7925 WLANDefault.xml config

Curious if anyone has access to the format of the WLANDefault.xml file for the 7921g/7925 wireless IP phones.

Im toying around with implementing a handful of these using asterisk and have the other configs i need but i cant find any details on the format of this file. Since i dont have smartnet on these devices (no real other than the BulkDeployment utility) i cannot download bulkdeployment to generate these.

If anyone is familiar with this id appreciate it if you could lend a hand so i can write up the needed configs.

i am *NOT* asking for firmware or to download the utility for me, i only need assistance with the formatting of whats IN the text file to deploy to phones.

Ryan
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

I don't know why they make that a contract tool -- esp. when it appears to be 99% opensource components.

Did the BDU (and other tools) not come on a CD with the phone(s)? I'll ask around if anyone has the BDU to generate a "template" to look at.

RyanG1
Premium Member
join:2002-02-10
San Antonio, TX

RyanG1

Premium Member

only one phone is "new" and i could probably buy a smartnet for it just to get access to the tools (assuming thats all i need as i havent looked further into the licensing). The rest are actually recycled from a office / warehouse closure and as such smartnet is not really possible as they are already registered. Since its going to be implemented with an asterisk backend, i didnt really feel the need to get any type of support for them/it.

If you are able to generate a template XML file, thatd be awesome. If not ill just manage the settings by hand.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

1 edit

cramer to RyanG1

Premium Member

to RyanG1
Nice.

The good news... I got ahold of the BDU. The bad news... the xml file is not, in fact, xml (wait for it) the fools encrypt it. If they're smart, it's encrypted with the MIC (manufacturer cert in the firmware) -- I don't care enough to trap it's calls to openssl to find out.

(see pm for xml and tool output)

[Edit: the crypto key ".s$5af37kasl;we34jfiseeu0q248vm" -- no attempt was made to hide it]