Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to londoner1

Re: Bell Unlimited Promotion

said by londoner1:

Saw this well poking around the Bell site

At least Bell is calling it by its correct name this time - USAGE rather than Bandwidth.

TSI, listen up !

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by Davesnothere:

said by londoner1:

Saw this well poking around the Bell site

At least Bell is calling it by its correct name this time - USAGE rather than Bandwidth.

TSI listen up !

LOL. that damn thing..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
START Today!

said by TSI Marc:

LOL. that damn thing..

Now THAT was a fast upstream !

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

acknowledged in 60 seconds... not yet Gone in Sixty Seconds

where Cage does that weird thing with his hands, getting hyped up to go do the run
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to londoner1

At a time when Telus is looking to enforce caps out west? I wouldn't want to be the one getting or looking at the bill at the end of the month. I'd head for the hills. Sounds like a con game after Netflix announced super HD and 3D.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to HiVolt

Same hold true for 25/10 in cities such as Ottawa. Bell can't provide true 25/10 in most areas of Ottawa.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to InvalidError

said by InvalidError:

said by HiVolt:

And if you need a dryloop, there's another way wholesale gets screwed.

If you need dry loop then you only have one Bell service and aren't eligible for the $20+ worth of discounts that were required to match TSI's price, so TSI should still be cheaper for dry even if Bell does not charge for it.

Good catch, IE !

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to ChuckcZar

said by ChuckcZar :

Same holds true for 25/10 in cities such as Ottawa.

Bell can't provide true 25/10 in most areas of Ottawa.

Heck, BH#$ELL cannot even do 15/1 in Brockville, a city of 30K-ish (try 6M/800K if lucky), and not much better in the larger city of Kingston.

GOUGEco cable BLOWS Bell away in THOSE places !

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

said by InvalidError:

said by HiVolt:

And if you need a dryloop, there's another way wholesale gets screwed.

If you need dry loop then you only have one Bell service and aren't eligible for the $20+ worth of discounts that were required to match TSI's price, so TSI should still be cheaper for dry even if Bell does not charge for it.

Good catch, IE !

...except he's wrong.

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
reply to londoner1

What came to mind here when I saw that: nowthat there is an Unlimited SKU in their system, it probably means that retention will be able to offer it to you when trying to prevent you from leaving Bell due to "low quotas".

Dcite

join:2006-05-12
Mississauga, ON

Drats, now I need a new excuse to not go with Bell for their internet.
Maybe I'll complain about no static IP and it being more expensive than "that name which I must never type as long as I am with that other isp".

*Makes note to do homework on comparing prices*

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
reply to londoner1

Anyone think this is some sort of preemptive move regarding the new CBB rates that are about to come out?

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by ns1225:

Anyone think this is some sort of preemptive move regarding the new CBB rates that are about to come out?

Yup.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to ns1225

said by ns1225:

I think that is exactly what this is about.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
reply to bt

said by bt:

...except he's wrong.

How many people on wholesale DSL will choose Bell for mobile and sign up for FibeTV? The impression I get from being around here for a few years tells me not many.

Sure, that isn't exactly zero but it is close enough in my book.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by InvalidError:

How many people on wholesale DSL will choose Bell for mobile and sign up for FibeTV? The impression I get from being around here for a few years tells me not many.

You can't get FibeTV standalone without internet... at least not officially, as there have been some posts in the past about some being able to get a discounted price without Internet.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03

said by HiVolt:

You can't get FibeTV standalone without internet... at least not officially, as there have been some posts in the past about some being able to get a discounted price without Internet.

That option (that sales reps will try to avoid talking about) is called the "0GB plan", just need to wipe the Internet login to avoid accidental usage.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

We are building a pricing comparison right now. I will post it in a couple of minutes.

Cheers,

Andre

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to londoner1

Seeing that Bell is offering unlimited again, then I see no reason at all why TSI should not offer a promo of login only accounts for 10$/month.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by shrug :

Seeing that Bell is offering unlimited again, then I see no reason at all why TSI should not offer a promo of login only accounts for 10$/month.

That would not be viable under the CBB scheme. This used to work back in the day, because it only cost TSI's own transit (which was cheap), and not Bell's transit (made up inflated charges).
--

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to londoner1

Bhell has a nasty way of sneaking in incremental price increases on their sheeple. Hmmm looks like it might be a favorable ruling for the indies on CBB. I would still stay with TSI - at least they're honest and in the open.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

They're not sneaky about it. They're very open with the increases on their billing:

-Recovery fee (for getting sued by you)
-Government "fee" (pocketed by us)
-Recovery fee (for offering you bundle discount)
-Recovery fee (for lowering your prices through retention)
-Business action plan (to pocket more money)

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by InvalidError:

You're all forgetting that Bell also offers satellite (ExpressVu) - no internet required for that, and I know many people that subscribe to it without any other Bell services.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

1 edit
reply to TSI Andre

Click for full size
Here is the comparison graph Andre said we would be posting.
Graph

LastDon

join:2002-08-13

I really don't understand how bell can get away with such advertising..

3 bundle services to get such an advertised rate..

Its like they are forcing their services on you if you are their customer just to get the 10 dollar rate.

so sneaky their advertising.

and all these companies with their bundling bs is so stupid.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

So hockey is back and THIS is your avatar?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Jon

said by TSI Jon:

Here is the comparison graph Andre said we would be posting.

Your calculations are incorrect in that the bundled pricing doesn't take the bundle discount into account, and those are specifically the Ontario pricing, since the price is different (much higher) in Quebec.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON

And is the forced modem rental included?
--

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord:

said by HiVolt:

So hockey is back and THIS is your avatar?

Yep!
--

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by shrug :

That would not be viable under the CBB scheme. This used to work back in the day, because it only cost TSI's own transit (which was cheap), and not Bell's transit (made up inflated charges).

I don't think so.
Rates would have to come down for TSI purchased Bell-transit as well, which could be why we are seeing Bell with unlimited, and keep in mind we are waiting for the CRTC release on this.

If Bell can offer unlimited for 10$ and no one else due to the price rigging at the CRTC (and which no one could possibly compete with), then that would constitute an "undue preference" that no one could compete with. Would break a couple of rules I would think.

No?