Search similar:

uniqs
Dcite
join:2006-05-12
Mississauga, ON

Dcite to RMerlin

to RMerlin

Re: Bell Unlimited Promotion

Drats, now I need a new excuse to not go with Bell for their internet.
Maybe I'll complain about no static IP and it being more expensive than "that name which I must never type as long as I am with that other isp".

*Makes note to do homework on comparing prices*
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to londoner1

to londoner1
Anyone think this is some sort of preemptive move regarding the new CBB rates that are about to come out?
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by ns1225:

Anyone think this is some sort of preemptive move regarding the new CBB rates that are about to come out?

Yup.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to ns1225

to ns1225
said by ns1225:

I think that is exactly what this is about.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to bt

to bt
said by bt:

...except he's wrong.

How many people on wholesale DSL will choose Bell for mobile and sign up for FibeTV? The impression I get from being around here for a few years tells me not many.

Sure, that isn't exactly zero but it is close enough in my book.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by InvalidError:

How many people on wholesale DSL will choose Bell for mobile and sign up for FibeTV? The impression I get from being around here for a few years tells me not many.

You can't get FibeTV standalone without internet... at least not officially, as there have been some posts in the past about some being able to get a discounted price without Internet.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by HiVolt:

You can't get FibeTV standalone without internet... at least not officially, as there have been some posts in the past about some being able to get a discounted price without Internet.

That option (that sales reps will try to avoid talking about) is called the "0GB plan", just need to wipe the Internet login to avoid accidental usage.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

We are building a pricing comparison right now. I will post it in a couple of minutes.

Cheers,

Andre

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug to londoner1

Anon

to londoner1
Seeing that Bell is offering unlimited again, then I see no reason at all why TSI should not offer a promo of login only accounts for 10$/month.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by shrug :

Seeing that Bell is offering unlimited again, then I see no reason at all why TSI should not offer a promo of login only accounts for 10$/month.

That would not be viable under the CBB scheme. This used to work back in the day, because it only cost TSI's own transit (which was cheap), and not Bell's transit (made up inflated charges).

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to londoner1

to londoner1
Bhell has a nasty way of sneaking in incremental price increases on their sheeple. Hmmm looks like it might be a favorable ruling for the indies on CBB. I would still stay with TSI - at least they're honest and in the open.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

They're not sneaky about it. They're very open with the increases on their billing:

-Recovery fee (for getting sued by you)
-Government "fee" (pocketed by us)
-Recovery fee (for offering you bundle discount)
-Recovery fee (for lowering your prices through retention)
-Business action plan (to pocket more money)

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by InvalidError:

You're all forgetting that Bell also offers satellite (ExpressVu) - no internet required for that, and I know many people that subscribe to it without any other Bell services.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Jonathan to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
Click for full size
Here is the comparison graph Andre said we would be posting.
Graph
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon

I really don't understand how bell can get away with such advertising..

3 bundle services to get such an advertised rate..

Its like they are forcing their services on you if you are their customer just to get the 10 dollar rate.

so sneaky their advertising.

and all these companies with their bundling bs is so stupid.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

So hockey is back and THIS is your avatar?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Jonathan

MVM

to TSI Jonathan
said by TSI Jonathan:

Here is the comparison graph Andre said we would be posting.

Your calculations are incorrect in that the bundled pricing doesn't take the bundle discount into account, and those are specifically the Ontario pricing, since the price is different (much higher) in Quebec.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

And is the forced modem rental included?
HiVolt

HiVolt to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

said by HiVolt:

So hockey is back and THIS is your avatar?

Yep!

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by shrug :

That would not be viable under the CBB scheme. This used to work back in the day, because it only cost TSI's own transit (which was cheap), and not Bell's transit (made up inflated charges).

I don't think so.
Rates would have to come down for TSI purchased Bell-transit as well, which could be why we are seeing Bell with unlimited, and keep in mind we are waiting for the CRTC release on this.

If Bell can offer unlimited for 10$ and no one else due to the price rigging at the CRTC (and which no one could possibly compete with), then that would constitute an "undue preference" that no one could compete with. Would break a couple of rules I would think.

No?

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails to Dufus

Anon

to Dufus
trust one thing...bell is not losing on this...they will snag a pile of tek clients...i d say 100 thousand....and teks investment into trying to keep up with the slowdowns is wasted moneyyou should have sold magma did it right selling out to primus....teksavvy is done

mistr
@rogers.com

mistr to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
You happened to forget mandatory modem fee of $8.and you left out the dry loop fee for those that don't have phone line which is another $9 minimum.
jkstraw
join:2012-10-12
Stittsville, ON

jkstraw to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
I just got off the phone with Bell - I have 2 existing services (Sat. TV and Phone). Here was the offer:

25/10 pkg + unlimited ($10/mo) + Free modem + no install/setup fee. No contract no other fees.

$50/mo before taxes. How do I turn that down??

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by jkstraw:

I just got off the phone with Bell - I have 2 existing services (Sat. TV and Phone). Here was the offer:

25/10 pkg + unlimited ($10/mo) + Free modem + no install/setup fee. No contract no other fees.

Just watch your bills. They can withdraw the offer at any time.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

1 edit

koira to jkstraw

Premium Member

to jkstraw
said by jkstraw:

well now you have ask what happens when you decide to ditch their overpriced TV for vpn plus netflix/ota/hulu
While you are not under contract you remain commited to the bundle price. if you were really serious to cut cost then review all services. you would stay with tek for internet and do something different about TV and phone
BoogaBooga
join:2004-06-12
Canada

BoogaBooga to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
Correct me if I am wrong, but these packages are not on a contract. Are they?

If not, you can just leave if they start increasing the price (and with 3 Bell services, I doubt they will let you leave so easily)

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to londoner1

to londoner1
I cannot believe people will pay almost $40 more month for 10MB upload. Unlimited 15/10 for $83+HST month that's completely insane. I don't care if it's 50MB upload no way in hell, I'll pay that.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Guspaz

MVM

said by neuromancer1:

I cannot believe people will pay almost $40 more month for 10MB upload. Unlimited 15/10 for $83+HST month that's completely insane. I don't care if it's 50MB upload no way in hell, I'll pay that.

Except it doesn't cost $83/mth? In Ontario, in a bundle, unlimited is $59.95/mth. Most Bell customers will be in a bundle.
EHTL
join:2002-10-31
Canada

EHTL to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

said by camelot:

I still don't trust the buggers.

"Subject to change at any time" leaves them an out in 6 months.

It'll likely be there for 6 months and then if any changes occur on your account, they'll be like 'oops you don't have that anymore' and 'we can't get it back for you'.

That was exactly what Bell did to me many years ago when I still had my unlimited DSL internet. The worst part was, I didn't even make any change to my account. Bell just "accidentally" moved my service to another plan but could not switch back because the "system wouldn't allow it." At the end, I became totally Bell free and they lost over $200 per month from me for the landline, internet, cellphone and TV.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
said by BACONATOR26:

said by camelot:

said by HiVolt:

CNOC should immediately file to strike all CBB rate charges...

Absolutely. This negates all of their CBB rates for wholesale.

Not necessarily, the wholesale costing is recognized as separate than retail pricing. The only thing that is required is that all retail plans have to be offered on wholesale terms which may or may not include unlimited usage addons.

your smoking crack again, wholesale shouldn't in fact be EVER cheaper then anything retail....in any market if it is your in trouble in that business.
now go back and read what your trying to justify that a wholesale price SHOULD be higher then a retail one.
HEHE people aren't stupid