join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to mocycler

Premium Member

to mocycler

Re: Will the bill actually be lower?

said by mocycler:

said by SpectrumDude:

It would make upgrading to the latest phone cost prohibitive for many. I was in the habit of upgrading my iPhone with each new generation. That may no longer be possible.

Or to put it another way, you upgraded when you normally would not have just because you could...the cell provider ate a big chunk of the cost of the new phone. So why not?

Now that they are taking away your free ride and, you know, expecting you to pay full fare for your ticket, you're pissing and whining about "getting the shaft", as if not getting the latest and best the moment it hits the market makes one abused and mistreated by the Big Bad Cell Company.

It's funny how people are ok with sucking others dry but suddenly become soooo conservative about money when it involves their own wallet.

I'm confused by what seems to be a politically motivated statement

If the carrier allows you to upgrade every 12-18 months, anyone who doesn't take advantage of this is crazy. I upgrade whenever I have an upgrade available (I have 5 lines on my account). I upgrade each year and sell the previous phone and make money on everything when it's all said and done. I am already paying for it in my monthly bill, so what difference does it make?