uniqs
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to Guspaz

to Guspaz

Re: Bell Unlimited Promotion

said by Guspaz:

Citing the $30/mth for unlimited won't get CNOC anywhere. TekSavvy has a max of $25/mth for unlimited, on top of lower prices to boot.

No, but the $10 in a bundle will. What does a "bundle" have to do with the capacity rates they claim are expensive. How does bundling with other services somehow lower capacity rates for them?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by camelot:

No, but the $10 in a bundle will. What does a "bundle" have to do with the capacity rates they claim are expensive. How does bundling with other services somehow lower capacity rates for them?

Have you actually looked at Bell's prices? Compare Bell unlimited with $10 for that and TekSavvy unlimited (using QC pricing):

TekSavvy: $77.99/mth
Bell: $71.95/mth + $10/mth unlimited = $81.95/mth

TekSavvy is still cheaper. Even with the $4/mth bundle discount, Bell is only matching TSI's price.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

Have you actually looked at Bell's prices? Compare Bell unlimited with $10 for that and TekSavvy unlimited (using QC pricing):

TekSavvy is still cheaper. Even with the $4/mth bundle discount, Bell is only matching TSI's price.

Except TekSavvy can't provide reliable 25mbps connection in peak hours, but Bell can.

And if you need a dryloop, there's another way wholesale gets screwed.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by HiVolt:

If you need dry loop then you only have one Bell service and aren't eligible for the $20+ worth of discounts that were required to match TSI's price, so TSI should still be cheaper for dry even if Bell does not charge for it.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to Guspaz

to Guspaz
I'm not questioning final pricing; I'm questioning their conflicting arguments behind it.

It seems they are able to justify higher per-GB charges for wholesale, but the same costing reasons don't apply for their own customers.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to InvalidError

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

said by HiVolt:

If you need dry loop then you only have one Bell service

Internet/TV/Mobility

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
Same hold true for 25/10 in cities such as Ottawa. Bell can't provide true 25/10 in most areas of Ottawa.
Dufus
join:2010-10-20
Scarborough, ON

Dufus to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by Guspaz:

Except TekSavvy can't provide reliable 25mbps connection in peak hours, but Bell can.

Don't forget about the modem rental!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to InvalidError

Premium Member

to InvalidError
said by InvalidError:

said by HiVolt:

If you need dry loop then you only have one Bell service and aren't eligible for the $20+ worth of discounts that were required to match TSI's price, so TSI should still be cheaper for dry even if Bell does not charge for it.

Good catch, IE !
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to ChuckcZar

Premium Member

to ChuckcZar
said by ChuckcZar :

Same holds true for 25/10 in cities such as Ottawa.

Bell can't provide true 25/10 in most areas of Ottawa.

Heck, BH#$ELL cannot even do 15/1 in Brockville, a city of 30K-ish (try 6M/800K if lucky), and not much better in the larger city of Kingston.

GOUGEco cable BLOWS Bell away in THOSE places !
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

said by InvalidError:

said by HiVolt:

Good catch, IE !

...except he's wrong.
InvalidError

InvalidError

said by bt:

...except he's wrong.

How many people on wholesale DSL will choose Bell for mobile and sign up for FibeTV? The impression I get from being around here for a few years tells me not many.

Sure, that isn't exactly zero but it is close enough in my book.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by InvalidError:

How many people on wholesale DSL will choose Bell for mobile and sign up for FibeTV? The impression I get from being around here for a few years tells me not many.

You can't get FibeTV standalone without internet... at least not officially, as there have been some posts in the past about some being able to get a discounted price without Internet.
InvalidError

InvalidError

said by HiVolt:

You can't get FibeTV standalone without internet... at least not officially, as there have been some posts in the past about some being able to get a discounted price without Internet.

That option (that sales reps will try to avoid talking about) is called the "0GB plan", just need to wipe the Internet login to avoid accidental usage.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

We are building a pricing comparison right now. I will post it in a couple of minutes.

Cheers,

Andre

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by InvalidError:

You're all forgetting that Bell also offers satellite (ExpressVu) - no internet required for that, and I know many people that subscribe to it without any other Bell services.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Jonathan to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
Click for full size
Here is the comparison graph Andre said we would be posting.
Graph
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon

I really don't understand how bell can get away with such advertising..

3 bundle services to get such an advertised rate..

Its like they are forcing their services on you if you are their customer just to get the 10 dollar rate.

so sneaky their advertising.

and all these companies with their bundling bs is so stupid.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

So hockey is back and THIS is your avatar?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Jonathan

MVM

to TSI Jonathan
said by TSI Jonathan:

Here is the comparison graph Andre said we would be posting.

Your calculations are incorrect in that the bundled pricing doesn't take the bundle discount into account, and those are specifically the Ontario pricing, since the price is different (much higher) in Quebec.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

And is the forced modem rental included?
HiVolt

HiVolt to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

said by HiVolt:

So hockey is back and THIS is your avatar?

Yep!

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails to Dufus

Anon

to Dufus
trust one thing...bell is not losing on this...they will snag a pile of tek clients...i d say 100 thousand....and teks investment into trying to keep up with the slowdowns is wasted moneyyou should have sold magma did it right selling out to primus....teksavvy is done

mistr
@rogers.com

mistr to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
You happened to forget mandatory modem fee of $8.and you left out the dry loop fee for those that don't have phone line which is another $9 minimum.
jkstraw
join:2012-10-12
Stittsville, ON

jkstraw to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
I just got off the phone with Bell - I have 2 existing services (Sat. TV and Phone). Here was the offer:

25/10 pkg + unlimited ($10/mo) + Free modem + no install/setup fee. No contract no other fees.

$50/mo before taxes. How do I turn that down??

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by jkstraw:

I just got off the phone with Bell - I have 2 existing services (Sat. TV and Phone). Here was the offer:

25/10 pkg + unlimited ($10/mo) + Free modem + no install/setup fee. No contract no other fees.

Just watch your bills. They can withdraw the offer at any time.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

1 edit

koira to jkstraw

Premium Member

to jkstraw
said by jkstraw:

well now you have ask what happens when you decide to ditch their overpriced TV for vpn plus netflix/ota/hulu
While you are not under contract you remain commited to the bundle price. if you were really serious to cut cost then review all services. you would stay with tek for internet and do something different about TV and phone
BoogaBooga
join:2004-06-12
Canada

BoogaBooga to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
Correct me if I am wrong, but these packages are not on a contract. Are they?

If not, you can just leave if they start increasing the price (and with 3 Bell services, I doubt they will let you leave so easily)
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to Guspaz

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

said by camelot:

i pay with taxes for 5 megabit er 6 er whatever about 60$ with taxes

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

You're overpaying. Time to move on.