uniqs
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex to bimmerdriver

to bimmerdriver

Re: Just Got Turbo 50

said by bimmerdriver:

Symtex, does anyone in management at Telus know how dissatisfied many users are with the actiontech? It's been proven by a number of people on this board that the actiontech is not the only modem that works, even at HS 50 rates. A lot of people complain about the actiontech on this board, as well as on "the other board". Are these complaints being blatantly ignored or are they not getting to the right people?

You are only representing a very small minorities of user when you look at the overall subscriber base. The modem portion of the Actiontech is actually pretty good. Its the router part that I think most user don't like.

There is many factor that goes into these decision and I don't know all of them so its hard for me to comment on that. As an Actiontech 2000 users, I disable the wireless portion and use my own AP. I can live with that.

jed
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Alberta, Can

jed

Premium Member

I agree with bimmer, but totally understand - you have CSR's, not versed in everything networking, struggling to fix someone's aberrant setup, because that user read on a forum that the aio is a piece so he/she should have discrete modem/router. But not knowing why that is or how to setup the gear and more importantly, diagnose and fix it, should something go wrong.

The AIO's make for less PEBKAC.
bimmerdriver
join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver to Symtex

to Symtex
We all realize that not all users require or even want a stand-alone modem. However, considering how many models of modems Telus has offered over the years (speedtouch, gigaset, 2wire, d-link 3810, ALU, zyxel and actiontech, to name a few), is it really that much effort for them to offer just one decent vdsl2 modem? I doubt it. There are plenty of options out there. It is a gesture that would indicate Telus gives a sh*t about the customers enough to listen to them. Are they so oblivious to how much so many people dislike the brain-damaged and locked down firmware that's in the actiontech?

cbass
@telus.net

cbass

Anon

How much more is Telus 50 vs Telus 25? Can't seem to find the price anywhere?
Mindman
join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC

Mindman

telus 25 is 55/60 /mo i think, and telus 50 is either 64.99 or 70 a /mo. im not too sure though
fatguy
join:2006-07-21
Edmonton, AB

fatguy

...my rate for 25 was ~47$ and for 50 it will be 70$.
Mindman
join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC

Mindman

odd my rate for 15 right now is 50
fatguy
join:2006-07-21
Edmonton, AB

fatguy

....it says i have a 'bundle discount'....the regular rate for HS 25 for me in Edm is listed as 52$...i pay 47$...i also pay for a landline with a couple basic extras...that's the 'bundle' i guess.