dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
8
share rss forum feed


elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to TOPDAWG

Re: Bell now giving unlimited usage

Knowing Rogers, they'll lower the caps (Extreme 40GB cap etc) on all the plans and then charge an extra $60 for the unlimited option on top off their already sky high rates per tier.

If there's any way Rogers can twist this into another price hike 30 days after their LAST price hike they'll do it pronto.

The only customers that will benefit from the unlimited is the probably 1 or 2% that go over each month. For the other 98% it'll be just more pain and suffering subsidizing the DL addicts.



TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

well I don't see rogers making their serve worse but I do see them just saying well so many people can't get DSL they can't switch so we'll just do our own thing. I don't see many none heavy users switching over this to have any effect on rogers.

hm maybe I should call rogers just to bring up this plan so they know people want it.



elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

What a joke. Bell 25/10= $57.95 base price + $30.00 unlimited= $87.95 + 13% tax= $99.38/month.

Sell the house. Sell the car. Put your kids into foster care and GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO YOUR LOCAL ISP.



TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3

then dump cable move to a voip phone I pay like 6 bucks a month for my phone I load it up with 25 bucks every few months and use the internet for all your entertainment.


HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

What a joke. Bell 25/10= $57.95 base price + $30.00 unlimited= $87.95 + 13% tax= $99.38/month.

Sell the house. Sell the car. Put your kids into foster care and GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO YOUR LOCAL ISP.

Not so much of a joke if you buy home phone and TV with it - then the price is only $10.00 for unlimited.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

nitric

join:2012-01-29

1 edit
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

What a joke. Bell 25/10= $57.95 base price + $30.00 unlimited= $87.95 + 13% tax= $99.38/month.

Sell the house. Sell the car. Put your kids into foster care and GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO YOUR LOCAL ISP.

This is Bell trying to get their own customers back. Those who have TV/Phone but no internet with them. They know they won't win over people who just want internet service.

Teksavvy offers 28/1 for $61.25.

Bell is offering 25/10 for $67.95 to those with phone/TV and $77.95 for those with one service. If I had two Bell services I would gladly pay $67.95 for 10x the upload speed, one service.. probably not.

I do currently have three services with Rogers (cell, tv, phone) and if they introduced a plan with similar speeds, pricing and unlimited I would without a doubt switch to them.


J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to TOPDAWG

said by TOPDAWG:

then dump cable move to a voip phone I pay like 6 bucks a month for my phone I load it up with 25 bucks every few months and use the internet for all your entertainment.

Is that VoIP.MS or some other provider?

I'm using VoIP.ms for call forwarding (long distance)...save a lot of the cell plan. 99 cents per month plus 1 cent per minute VS 20 cents per minute /w Rogers....
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein


TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3

yeah 1.99 for my number 2 bucks for e911 and like 2 dollars a month for talking. I hate talking on the phone.