kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to silbaco

Re: Slow....

Was going to say the same thing...

My guess is that they will move to 10x10 LTE within a month or two of launch, so speeds will end up faster than their competitors, on average

For now though, the only plus of LTE is higher upload speeds and less spectrum usage...single channel HSPA+ is slower these days and DC-H+, while faster on the downlink, uses twice the spectrum.

I find it entertaining though that, for all their bluster, TMo LTE is slower than Sprint LTE in KC, for now.

nycnetwork

join:2000-11-12
Brooklyn, NY

They can't move to 2x10Mhz in Kansas since they own a total of 20Mhz of AWS spectrum. 10Mhz for now has to stay for HSPA+21 as some older T-Mo handsets don't have support for 1900Mhz WCDMA.
They'll have to run 5Mhz FDD-LTE for a while in Kansas.

I'd love to see what are they gonna do in Vegas since that's a 30Mhz AWS market. They could either run 2x5Mhz LTE and keep HSPA+42 in the AWS, or scale down to HSPA+21 and deploy 2x10Mhz LTE.

It'd be nice to see first reports from Vegas.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

id love to see what they do after the merger.. that would give them more spectrum in Cal, and Dallas area's

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to iansltx

said by iansltx:

For now though, the only plus of LTE is higher upload speeds and less spectrum usage...single channel HSPA+ is slower these days and DC-H+, while faster on the downlink, uses twice the spectrum.

Dual stack IPv4/IPv6 rather than a v6 only PDP context (which T-Mo is limited to on the UMTS side). Also fewer hacks on the network side of things (Eg. proxies).