All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to peterboro

to peterboro

Re: Are police handing out traffic tickets to meet quotas?

I have 21 years of driving experience in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and everywhere in between.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

i have 25 years experience (beat you both)...while i have a clean record (drivers abstract), i did have tickets back in the day, so i can't say zero or two tickets ever.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to NCRGuy

to NCRGuy
said by NCRGuy:

I have 21 years of driving experience in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and everywhere in between.

So you made a few trips. I will give you bonus points for managing to navigate the streets of Montreal and Toronto unscathed.
peterboro

peterboro (banned) to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

i have 25 years experience (beat you both)...while i have a clean record (drivers abstract), i did have tickets back in the day, so i can't say zero or two tickets ever.

I've got far more than 25 years, just not much more than 20 years ticket or at fault accident free. Plus you have been schlepping around little old London, and still whacking other cars , whilst I've had to navigate the mean streets of Peterborough. Ok, well Peterborough proper is a joke, but I do rip around cottage and farm country at all times of the day and night and all year long regardless of weather conditions. Plus there is my stints living in the US and navigating the SF bay area and LA without a scratch or ticket as well.
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to peterboro

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by NCRGuy:

So you made a few trips. I will give you bonus points for managing to navigate the streets of Montreal and Toronto unscathed.

More than a few trips. Toronto is where I learned to drive. And now living in Ottawa comes with driving in Gatineau, which is scarier than anything I saw in Toronto. What it lacks in traffic volume it more than makes up for in unpredictable erratic driver behaviour. And none of that compares to Montreal.
Zed071
join:2010-09-16

Zed071

said by NCRGuy See Profile
More than a few trips. Toronto is where I learned to drive. And now living in Ottawa comes with driving in Gatineau, which is scarier than anything I saw in Toronto. What it lacks in traffic volume it more than makes up for in unpredictable erratic driver behaviour. And none of that compares to Montreal.
[/BQUOTE :

I'll second that. Montreal is like something out of a video game.

For Ottawa - can I just nominate the whole region for "Canada's Worst Driver"?

And I'm pushing 30 years on the road with 3 tickets and no accidents. And well over 1,000,000 km on highways around North America and a provincial driving championship.

Z

mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

I've almost 25 years on the road with no moving violations or accidents.

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass

Premium Member

said by mr weather:

I've almost 25 years on the road with no moving violations or accidents.

Yup same here - I've been driving since March of 1988 - a little quick math says I've driven about 1,300,000 km in that 25 years (gone through 4 cars with around 300,000 km on each, and now 100,000 into my 5th car - I typically drive 50-60k km/yr).. I was pulled over once and given a warning - but no citation (going 100 in an 80).. Oh and hey come to think of it, that was on hwy 7 at hwy 28 near Peterborough, about 10 years ago.

But - I do drive 113km/hr day in and day out on 401 back and forth to work - past dozens of radar traps, with officers in front and behind me on the highway... I highly doubt I'll ever get stopped for it... and it's a comfortable speed.

One thing I have noticed out this way where 401 is 2 lanes per direction pretty much everywhere - the speed limiters on transports has slowed the regular traffic "daily" drivers down to 115ish instead of 120ish like they were 5-10 years ago.... Friday afternoon weekend drivers still go 120 though.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Hydraglass:

Oh and hey come to think of it, that was on hwy 7 at hwy 28 near Peterborough, about 10 years ago.

OPP here just love tourists and those passing through as they don't fight the tickets.

My last HTA conviction was for a blown licence plate light. Yes you read that right, a ticket because my licence plate light was out. This was a rookie chick cop who had to show she could pull over a hot rod like in American Graffiti and hassle a someone with a piss ass charge. But the streets are safer now that I regularly check my plate light.

Jethro86
join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON

Jethro86

At least you're not bitter about it.