spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gord

@teksavvy.com

Moving phone lines

I am currently a Bell business pots user and have Teksavvy Internet. I plan to not be a Bell pots user and move our lines to primus. I have been happy with Tek for Internet and wish to stay.

In an ideal world they would offer business pots and I could switch to them. However that appears not going to happen. What should I know so I don't lose my Tek intenet when I move the phone lines?

Any advice?

TSI Marty
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5

Hey Gord,

When switching phone companies we would be required to submit a change of service form to have the provider updated on the DSL connection. When we submit this change there is a $50 charge on the next invoice for a 6MBPS connection and if you have DSL 10,15 or 25 there would be a $95 charge to make this change.

When you have submitted the request and know the date your number is being changed to the new provider contact our sales department to have this order placed and the change requested for the same day or day after the new number is activated.

*please note you may experience 1-5 business days of downtime once the new provider is activated in the event unanticipated issues arise.

Thanks
TSI Martin P

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
reply to Gord

Hello Gord,

I apologize, the above would be the case on a residential line. Could you let us know if your DSL a business service with us?

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Gord

@teksavvy.com

Yes it is business dsl we have with you.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

I will get in touch with someone from our business team to confirm if it's the same process. I am pretty sure it is but want to be 100% sure.
--
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI Marty
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Gord

We have confirmed it is the same process, can you provide who the new line provider is for the phone service? Depending on the line provider we may need to switch to dry loop services.

Thank you
Martin p

Gord

@teksavvy.com

It is going to be Primus when I get around to it. Anyone suggest others? I wish you guys would offer pots to business.

TSI Marty
Premium
Chatham, ON

Would you be able to verify if they are bell line supplied or who the line supplier is?
Ya unfortunately right now I have no eta or information available on when/if business phone services would be available as we are currently working on the porting issues at this time.

Martin

TSI Marty
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Gord

Also please note this thread is public and we suggest you do not provide personal information. Any personal information should be sent to Sales@TekSavvy.com and we would be happy to assist you through email as well.

Thank you
-TSI martin p