join:2002-04-19
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to ArgMeMatey

Re: Good Retention experience

said by ArgMeMatey:

said by tberg:

So, just for calling and keeping with AT&T for 12 more months, I've got $455 less payments

Sounds like a win-win to me. Just curious, how much revenue are they going to book from you over the next 12 months?

It's clear that they want to keep TV subscribers, but based on my retention experience, they are not all that keen on people like me who only want internet. They offered me something like $5 off per month for six months, or cutting me down to a 3 Mbps plan for the same price I was paying for 12 Mbps.

On the other hand, I'm up for renewal with Big Cable in about a month and it's great to have a competitor with a good intro rate that will, with luck, convince them to match for another 12 months!

Depends on the market I guess, I had 18mb for $53 and I called to see if they had a better deal since comcast is advertising 20mb for $30 for a year, they came back and gave me 24mb for $31.50 (50% reduction), for a year. I have internet only.

mitchflorida

join:2004-09-01
Deerfield Beach, FL
I am also in South Florida. Where can I see that offer? I just see $30 for six months, then it almost doubles.

o2cool8

join:2002-04-19
Miami, FL
I called and asked for retention, and then I told them I had an offer from Comcast for 20mb for $30 a month, per year. Its not on their website.