share rss forum feed

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
reply to Mike

Re: IOS 6.1 just went live

said by Mike:

...(Seriously what did they change / fix??)

I love the game they play...let's change or move things and let the users try to figure out on their own what we changed....like it would kill them if they included a note as to what's different

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by haroldo:

said by Mike:

I love the game they play...let's change or move things and let the users try to figure out on their own what we changed....like it would kill them if they included a note as to what's different

Here ya go:

»support.apple.com/kb/DL1624
--
QUAD!!!!

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

said by Elite:

said by haroldo:

said by Mike:

Here ya go:

»support.apple.com/kb/DL1624

That is not a complete list. Apple never releases the complete list.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by donoreo:

Exactly!

You know why? Because it would probably look pretty crappy from a PR perspective if they provided a changelog with 200 miscellaneous bugfixes and changes. Would taint their utopian image...
--
QUAD!!!!

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

said by Mike:

They do. It's the first screen when accepting the update on either iOS itself or in iTunes. Also listed at the link posted earlier.

Apple doesn't break down every single bug fix, because most people wouldn't understand or care about them. If you're really interested, you can start here:
»developer.apple.com/library/ios/···%20Notes
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

Here are the bug fixes for 6.1

»support.apple.com/kb/HT5642
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
reply to Thinkdiff

said by Thinkdiff:

said by haroldo:

said by Mike:

They do. It's the first screen when accepting the update on either iOS itself or in iTunes. Also listed at the link posted earlier.

Apple doesn't break down every single bug fix, because most people wouldn't understand or care about them. If you're really interested, you can start here:
»developer.apple.com/library/ios/···%20Notes

My beef goes back to when they changed the double click functionality and as well as the lock screen button on the iPad without clear (for the average user) notification. IMHO, 90% of the 60 million iPhone users aren't going to do web research on updates. There's no reason why they can't have a splash screen that describes important changes on first boot after an update (with a few options "never show me, ignore, show me later, etc.").
Most users don't care about the majority of the fixes, but there are some items that should be communicated in a way that the majority will see it...(again...IMHO)

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

The splash screen you speak of is exactly what I said. Before you accept the update, the official change list is displayed either on the device when doing OTA updates or as an iTunes pop-up when doing a restore.

I don't remember all the way back to 4.2/4.3 when the behavior you mention was changed to know if it was included in the notes, but it seems like they included more or less everything important for the 5.x and so far for the 6.x releases.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!