Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:1
reply to Robotics

Re: HDMI cables

said by Robotics:

I looked into the other cables most seem to be talking about here. And I will continue to use Monster brand cables when it comes to HDMI.

While I disagree with your opinion, I am very glad you feel that way. The profit Best Buy makes on you helps keep their stores open, and I rather enjoy window shopping there.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

said by Camelot One:

said by Robotics:

I looked into the other cables most seem to be talking about here. And I will continue to use Monster brand cables when it comes to HDMI.

While I disagree with your opinion, I am very glad you feel that way. The profit Best Buy makes on you helps keep their stores open, and I rather enjoy window shopping there.

Agreed. Best Buy is great for show rooming. Connected my phone a Big Jambox, played a few songs, I was blown away by the sound quality, ordered one on Amazon for $30 less and no tax when I got home that night, that was a $55 savings. Two years ago when I bought my TV, I went to the local Best Buy that has a Magnolia Center, checked out the TV, I was impressed with it and ordered it on Tiger for $1,000 less. When the new model of 3D glasses came out, I went to Best Buy, tried them on, made sure they were comfortable and as I was walking out the store ordered them on Amazon on my phone for $25 less with no tax. Last year, I was looking at getting a new Home Theater Power Center from APC. Had one in my hands at Best Buy, on the way to the checkout something in my head told me to check my phone. I logged on to Amazon, they had the one model better for $100 less. Guess which one I ended up getting?

Bust Buy’s days are numbered.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

said by Steve Mehs:

said by Camelot One:

said by Robotics:

Agreed. Best Buy is great for show rooming. Connected my phone a Big Jambox, played a few songs, I was blown away by the sound quality, ordered one on Amazon for $30 less and no tax when I got home that night, that was a $55 savings. Two years ago when I bought my TV, I went to the local Best Buy that has a Magnolia Center, checked out the TV, I was impressed with it and ordered it on Tiger for $1,000 less. When the new model of 3D glasses came out, I went to Best Buy, tried them on, made sure they were comfortable and as I was walking out the store ordered them on Amazon on my phone for $25 less with no tax. Last year, I was looking at getting a new Home Theater Power Center from APC. Had one in my hands at Best Buy, on the way to the checkout something in my head told me to check my phone. I logged on to Amazon, they had the one model better for $100 less. Guess which one I ended up getting?

Bust Buy’s days are numbered.

I shop at Best Buy all the time as it is one of my favorite places to shop. A few of my recent purchases at Best Buy are a Wii U console, HDMI cable, screen protector for my iPad and iPad Mini (along with Geek Squad installation), cases for my iPad and iPad Mini, etc.

I prefer to shop at Brick & Mortar stores as you can actually inspect the packaging before you buy. If the box is damaged, then it is likely the contents are damaged and you can say "No Sale". I have bought stuff online and have had issues with damaged merchandise and items arriving looking like they have been through a flood. Plus I avoid shipping charges. I do shop online occasionally for items not available locally from brick & mortar stores such as specialty items like burglar alarm components (homesecuritystore[dot]com, CPAP Items that are not covered by my insurance (CPAP[dot]com), and Chicago Cubs and Iowa Hawkeyes merchandise (such as T-Shirts, outerwear, etc. since they are not available locally).

Best Buy, Sears, and Target are among my favorite places to shop. I am not a big fan of Walmart as you can wait a couple of hours in line to check out one item. I also do occasionally shop at Radio Shack. I also like to buy clothing at Kohl's and Macy's (although shopping for clothing is one of my least favorite activities).
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

You do realize you overpaid for all of that, right? And who cares about shipping charges, look at the final price. I’m thinking about getting a Beats Pill portable Bluetooth Speaker to compliment by Big Jambox. Best Buy wants $200 + tax, that’s $217.50. I can get it on Amazon for $174 + $7 shipping, $0 tax, that’s $181. So what is the point of spending $36 more on the same exact item?

Last month, I bought a bunch of Kindle Fire HDs at Best Buy for people at work to give as Christmas presents to their relatives. I’ll buy whatever someone wants for anyone as long as they pay me back so I can accumulate more cash back reward points on my credit card. Thanks to that I also accumulated like $50 worth of Best Buy Reward Zone certificates. Last weekend I went to Best Buy looking for something to get, and everything is so grossly overpriced it was hard work actually finding something in there to buy when your choices are extremely limited compared to eBay or the Amazon Marketplace. I ended up buying a few movies on Blu Ray and some UFC video game for Xbox Kinect.

And I am so sick and tired of them shoving their extended warranty scams down my throat. It used to be when I was an idiot and bought something more than a few dollars there like a DVD Player or satellite radio receiver they’d bug you about an extended warranty. Now they offer warranties on movies and video games for $2 per title. You think the sales dummy would have learned that I didn’t want that shit after declining it on the video game and the first movie, but he proceeded to ask me for each of the four other blu rays I bought.

Like I said Best Buy is only useful for showrooming, and you really can’t buy anything remotely high end in that place. Anything midlevel or above requires you to go to a Mag location. I was actually going to buy my last Blu Ray player there, but out of the four area Best Buys only one features a Magnolia section and apparently a $250 Sony Blu Ray player is too high end for normal Best Buys. The one Mag location was sold out, I could have had it shipped to the store in 3-5 business days. Fuck ‘em! Tiger had it for the same price, so I ordered it there and saved the tax.
--
Dale Jr, Riding Daddys Coattails Since February 18, 2001!