Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5

Cata Raider LFG for MoP raiding and lawlz

So getting a guild up and raid ready is a bit more difficult and lengthy than I had given credit for originally. I think I'm on about rev 11 of the raid roster and we've gone from having enough people to fill almost 2 raid groups to being short a couple for a core raid group. Not because people are leaving the guild, but because they are either just not signing in or are finding other things they want to do instead (including... if you can believe it... focus on pet battles . Hell I even have two college students that are up to 85 on Cata but don't have the money to spend on MoP.

Anyhow, being accustomed to the PDCA methodology, it's time to re-think and adjust. I'm going to continue to develop the guild but allow it to progress at it's own pace. And in the mean time, since I want to raid, I'm considering transferring a toon somewhere and join up with some of you guys if you'll take me.

I have a lvl 90 (can't remember ilvl as it's been 3 months since I've logged it) Disc/Shadow priest currently on Altar of Storms that would be the one I transfer. I plan to log it tonight and first check with my old guild on there to see if they have a spot for me in their core group, but assuming they don't (since this was one of the reasons I transferred my main to another server to begin with), I'm hitting the open market.

The best nights for me to raid would be Sun, Mon, or Tue. Wed and Friday are definitely out and Th/Sat would be... well undesirable due to other commitments.

PM me if this would fit with what you have going on. I can play either dps or heals (disc) and am open to changing factions if I'm changing servers anyhow. (Currently the priest is Horde).

Ultimately raiding with a more experienced group will help me considerably when I attempt to be a RL for our guild.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

We are still building a core group, and could use a disc/shad. However, Wed-Sat is sort of our target for settling in on a 2 night week. Sun/Tues are iffy for us.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Carpie

united state

Thanks Immer. I'd love to raid with you guys so we'll see what ends up happening. Maybe we can make something work.

Here's one thing for sure, I won't be raiding with my old guild. I logged on to find myself without a guild!

I figured I probably just got kicked due to inactivity (which wouldn't surprised me because the GM was a bit of a jerk about people who left the guild). It looks like there is more to it though and probably an interesting story behind it. The old guild only has one member now, and it isn't the old GM. Plus all the old players I used to Raid with are now either members of other guilds or without a guild also. I haven't caught anyone online yet but I'll be interested to hear if there was a falling out.

Anyhow, Priest ilvl is 445 so I'll need to gear up to get raid ready.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to Carpie

Hopefully you get lucky in MSV LFR and get phat lewtz. I'd recommend 470 ilvl to start raiding. Spriest do some awesome damage. I'm at 466 and my rogue already does about 70k on average.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to Carpie

There are really good guilds here on DSLR forums:

Pride and Ego on Alliance Ravencrest
Exalted with Chuck Norris Alliance Galakrond
Aftershock Horde Malganis

Let us know what you want to do so we can help you out and while you are thinking what to do hit me up for some heroics I can tank for you to get that ilevel up.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Carpie

united state

Thanks Jobbie, I'll whisp you tonight. As one of my veteran players announced last night that he had to take a hiatus due to family reasons, it seems my predicament on getting a guild raid ready is becoming even more dire. That was a hard hit last night (in many ways).

And I got the background story of my old guild on Altar of Storms, and it isn't a pretty one. A blow-out of all the officers that left them all scattered. None in a position to raid right now and are out looking and joining different guilds. Seems my only option at this point is to transfer a toon.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

I will be back home next Sunday my friend but sure thing let me know when you are on to get those runs in.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.