All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
NYC Guy
join:2003-11-08
New York, NY

NYC Guy to nycdave

to nycdave

Re: Ridiculous charge for lost FIOS cable box!

said by nycdave:

said by NYC Guy:

We have gotten off topic here with the new and used car analogy I made. The bottom line is that you as a customer have the right to ask for an accommodation from VZ or any other large company. Airlines charge large fees that are written into their contracts and frequently you can get them waived or reduced if you speak to the right person and have a VALID request. What has happened here is no different so please spare me the speech that I agreed to their charges when I signed a contract. Any customer is entitled to request some help from a service provider.

So ask the mods to lock this thread if you don't want people giving you their opinions...

You you read my initial post I clearly said "Has anyone had any experience with FIOS for charges on lost equipment like this?" In plain English I was asking if anyone has had an experience with VZ on a lost cable box. I clearly did not ask for a lecture about contract law which was off topic to the subject at hand.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Give it up and just pay up. You are not winning the hearts of members here.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to NYC Guy

to NYC Guy
said by NYC Guy:

you read my initial post I clearly said "Has anyone had any experience with FIOS for charges on lost equipment like this?" In plain English I was asking if anyone has had an experience with VZ on a lost cable box. I clearly did not ask for a lecture about contract law which was off topic to the subject at hand.

Not off-topic at all as most of our experience with what VZ charges for lost equipment is what is found in our contracts.
NYC Guy
join:2003-11-08
New York, NY

NYC Guy

said by blue_trooper:

said by NYC Guy:

you read my initial post I clearly said "Has anyone had any experience with FIOS for charges on lost equipment like this?" In plain English I was asking if anyone has had an experience with VZ on a lost cable box. I clearly did not ask for a lecture about contract law which was off topic to the subject at hand.

Not off-topic at all as most of our experience with what VZ charges for lost equipment is what is found in our contracts.

Which post spoke about an ACTUAL charge someone received from VZ for a lost box as opposed to what was written in the contract? I am clearly asking if someone ever received a actual charge!
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Perhaps it is the subject of the post that people are responding to instead of your first post.
Expand your moderator at work

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to kes601

MVM

to kes601

Re: Ridiculous charge for lost FIOS cable box!

My ex-wife called to get a replacement router as hers went bad (known power problem). The old one was dead and she did not see the instructions to return it anyway (and she tossed it in the trash). VZ charged her $120. She fought for three months to get the charge removed but by rights VZ were right as it was in the terms.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Nezmo:

My ex-wife called to get a replacement router as hers went bad (known power problem). The old one was dead and she did not see the instructions to return it anyway (and she tossed it in the trash). VZ charged her $120. She fought for three months to get the charge removed but by rights VZ were right as it was in the terms.

This is why I keep the pile of Actiontec routers they have sent me over the years. I think I have four now. I keep them in case one day they try to charge me for them.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

I have a dead Rev.A, a Rev. C still in service, a Rev.D, and a Rev.F. in reserve. None are primary.

Staying on topic, VZ isn't the only outfit to charge for lost or damaged equipment. There's the occasional building fire and tornado damage events that expose cable's merciless hearts. At least until the media gets a hold of the story.

But these are people with real losses -- lives, homes.

My DCT700 was one of those free for life deals when analog switched off. I still use it today to feed a slingbox for my 92 y.o. friend who's too cheap for his internet and TV. I give him a wireless freebie. Who cares about PQ when it's free.