kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Scotsman99

Premium Member

to Scotsman99

Re: [TWC] Time warner cable and Motorola Surfboard 6141

t3 and t4 errors are not caused by modem but usually noise on the upstream.

I mean if u have option of leasing modem from tw try it and see if problems are gone just to entertain low very low chance of a faulty modem.
Earthlinky
join:2013-02-15
Forest Hills, NY

Earthlinky

Same issue spotted on numerous threads. This doesn't appear to be related to this cable modem at all.

I was thinking I should buy one of these to replace my existing modem but then came across this thread and it doesn't help with the problem.

Still having issues with my cablemodem service but it is definitely the cable plant and I am not going to upgrade modems at this point.

Waiting for Verizon FIOS to come out. The cable plants seem to be oversaturated.

UKEE
join:2012-05-14
Lexington, KY

UKEE

Maybe OT but found this in the hardware forum under Motorola...
said by RySean:

There's a new firmware update for Time Warner cable for the SB6141, apparently as of today :-D It's SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.10-SCM00-NOSH according to the TWC rep I talked to. They said they couldn't push it manually, but it would be rolling out over time. Hopefully that doesn't exclude mine which is owned by me rather than rented.

Earthlinky
Forest Hills, NY

Earthlinky

Probably fixes the disconnection issue customers are having with it.

Someone invents the logic and firmware, then they issue patches on bugs as they occur. Happens all the time.

But this is good news as it solidifies the SB6141 as the modem of choice for Time Warner Cable.

I don't see how the system can distinguish between rented and consumer owned modems.
RySean
join:2013-02-18
San Diego, CA

RySean

Well, I spoke to TWC reps over the phone afterwards (it was an online rep who confirmed that new FW version) and they kept insisting that TWC doesn't put out FW to modems at all, whether or not they are customer owned. Admittedly, I kept ending up with Level 1 Tech Support morons who barely understood what I was asking. They kept telling me that the only way to get new FW was from Motorola and didn't seem to understand that Motorola doesn't do FW updates to end users. I'll try calling again another day to see if I can talk to someone intelligent and get an update on when that will finish rolling out. Or if someone else wants to give it a shot, please do and let me know. I'm still stuck on version SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.3 for now and I'm getting T3 and T4 timeouts all the time which causes modem reboots:-/
Earthlinky
Forest Hills, NY

Earthlinky

Time Warner's personnel are a bunch of idiots. Even in Time Warner Direct forum they said they were transferring me to level 3 but someone from Customer Relations tried to contact me.

I am convinced Time Warner is a horrible ISP. Starhub in Singapore, Virgin Media in the UK, even Cablevision in the USA and Verizon FIOS are far superior just to give examples of some. Unfortunately in my area my choices are 2 lousy cable providers.

I wish NYC would not renew Time Warner as a franchise and would hand over the business to another firm.

I will be contacting NYC DOITT letting them know my displeasure. But alas its all I can do.
RySean
join:2013-02-18
San Diego, CA

RySean

Same, my only options are TWC and AT&T :-( AT&T has even slower speeds (I have 50/5 with TWC, and AT&T only offers 24 down as a max). Plus AT&T has download caps. Stupid duopolies...
Earthlinky
Forest Hills, NY

Earthlinky

I just wrote my email to them addressing my displeasure. Not that it will be taken seriously. Corporations own NYC's infrastructure and they don't make the city better, they are just spheres of influence of power and profit.

I don't see anything changing in regards to the communications networks here in NYC. It is just larger power grabs.