uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Hitman Absolution...

I picked up Hitman Absolution yesterday morning on Steam when it went on sale at 66% off ($16.99). Straight up rockin' deal, thanks Steam! After a fairly quick download and painless install, I was ready to roll.

I can honestly say, if you're a fan of stealth game play, then this is a must purchase title. Admittedly, I've never played any of the other Hitman games, I just never got around to purchasing them. My opinion on this current Hitman game is unbiased.

The visuals in this game are absolutely stunning. Hands down the best looking game I've played to date. I had to turn some settings down, because even my rig couldn't handle it. And even with some settings turned down, it still looks amazing. The first mission green house area is just breaktaking.

I love the level designs. From the few missions I've played, it makes Dishonored look amatuer, in the amount of options you have to assassinate a target. You can poison your target. Snipe them with a rifle. Crush them with debris. Kick them down a hole. This only a few I've seen early in the game. There are so many paths you can take to accomplish this.

There's a point system with each level and you earn or lose points based on how you attempt to play that particular level. Killing non targets, or innocent civilians will severly dock points from your total. If you kill a person and their body is left in plain view, you'll lose points. If you kill a person with a knife and they bleed on the floor, the blood spot might be found and guards, etc. will be on alerted status at that point. So you have to think about who and how you want to take people out. Incapacitate or eliminate?

There are a bunch of difficulties to choose from. I believe the highest one being "Purist" mode. Which I think involves going for for 100% undetected stealth. There are also "Contract" modes of play. Which I think are player created and can be pretty difficult to complete. I haven't messed with these yet, but I will soon.

Keyboard and mouse controls I cannot comment on, I'm using an Xbox controller for mine.

All in all, if I picked this game up full price at 50 dollars, I wouldn't have any regrets at all. $16.99 makes it that much better

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

Very cool. Thanks for the review!

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN
reply to Ghastlyone

I've been eye'n something to play lately. Picked up the pro plus the suit and gun packs.

20 more minutes left, give or take..
--
Retired BBR Team Starfire Team Q III Host
Live by chance. Love by choice. Kill by profession.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Ghastlyone

I sat there and pondered getting this all week-end at the $39 deal they had going on. They put it up for $17 yesterday on a Monday and I didn't see it? What bullshit, that just pisses me off. I'm guessing it's over now too of course.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

said by Dissembled:

I sat there and pondered getting this all week-end at the $39 deal they had going on. They put it up for $17 yesterday on a Monday and I didn't see it? What bullshit, that just pisses me off. I'm guessing it's over now too of course.

I don't know man, it was a flash sale or something real quick they listed it at. It didn't last long.

I guess in the future I'll start posting certain sales I see right here on DSL. That might keep people informed.

We need a Steam sale sticky thread.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to Ghastlyone

I impulse bought it as well for $17.

I'll get to it some day.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Ghastlyone

I was excited for it, but wasn't impressed by the reviews so decided to wait.

Is it very repetitive?

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

2 edits

said by TigerLord:

I was excited for it, but wasn't impressed by the reviews so decided to wait.

Is it very repetitive?

I think I'm on the 6th mission, out of 20 total.

I haven't got any feeling of it being repetitive, yet. We'll see though, I got a ways to go, that could change.

edit: Tiger, I might have read some of the same reviews you did also. Some people were complaining about dumb shit (at least in my opinion) like mouth movement with speech, and Agent 47's actual voice. That doesn't bother me. But it does enough for other people to rate an awesome game a 1/10.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

I impulse bought it as well for $17.

I'll get to it some day.

Mike, there is some tutorial in the beginning of the game that runs through the play style and skills. From your previous posts and reviews, I know you'll be put off by this in a major way. It's only on the first level. There's no way to disable it. You can turn hints off, and captions though.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

No. Those are actually quite nice.

It's when the entire game that is a tutorial it becomes offensive.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to Ghastlyone

Great game. Big problem I have is that disguises got crapped on in comparison to previous series. How the fuck a street vendor chef can spot me as another phony street vendor chef from a football field away is a mystery. I can only assume they have a hell of a union that spends its time analyzing one another for just this kind of Hitman shenanigans.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

There are also "Contract" modes of play. Which I think are player created and can be pretty difficult to complete. I haven't messed with these yet, but I will soon.

My brother wrote up a few of these for giggles. The one that made me laugh was one he titled "Roe v. Wade", setting you off in the courtroom level in a priest disguise, armed with a shotgun, targets being the plaintiff and the judge. Not highly strategic, but just an amusing use of the contract editor.

TruSm0ke

join:2005-07-21
Michigan
reply to Ghastlyone

Yeah, I really enjoyed this game alot. It was a solid Hitman game experience. The only part I didn't like was the ending. I thought it was just really anti climactic and bland. The journey was great, the ending not so much.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Thaler

said by Thaler:

Great game. Big problem I have is that disguises got crapped on in comparison to previous series. How the fuck a street vendor chef can spot me as another phony street vendor chef from a football field away is a mystery. I can only assume they have a hell of a union that spends its time analyzing one another for just this kind of Hitman shenanigans.

Yeah this is one of the complaints I read about. It hasn't really effected my play through yet though. People were saying the the disguise aspect is pretty flawed at the higher difficulty settings, being as any enemy even a mile away will spot you. No matter what you do. I'll see how I feel about it further into the game.

said by Thaler:

My brother wrote up a few of these for giggles. The one that made me laugh was one he titled "Roe v. Wade", setting you off in the courtroom level in a priest disguise, armed with a shotgun, targets being the plaintiff and the judge. Not highly strategic, but just an amusing use of the contract editor.

That's awesome, lol. Supposedly there are some great Contract modes to play through.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Ghastlyone

Hitman Absolution PC download on Amazon currently $16.49

You can beat that

»www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VF···i=229575

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC

$12 something if you use CAGROCKS (25% off on any game, 1 per customer though.)

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I am playing hitman now.

AI is dumber than rocks but its well put together.

However that achievement system is stupid. Get to the achievement for score modifier, reload, repeat.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING INTO AN ARCADE GAME. WE WERE GOING TO REPLAY THIS 5 OR 6 TIMES BEFORE THE SCORE MODIFER NONSENSE.

7/10. 9/10 before retarded arcade system.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

kcrupp

join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

2 edits
reply to Ghastlyone

Greenman has it this weekend for $12.49

Edit: Code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS brings it to 10 bucks. This is for the PRO version.

»www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p···tion-na/

EDIT: It appears they don't take any form of prepaid (debit) Visa card. Regular credit card works though.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Ghastlyone

I always see these posts about sales 24 hours too late. Damn it all to hell.