Gone Fishing

Premium Member

Windows 8 Tip: Buy the Electronic Upgrade Now, Install It Later

»winsupersite.com/site-fi ··· rred.jpg
Snapped 2013-01-28 16:54:48
quote:
w i n s u p e r s i t e . c o m

Windows 8 Tip: Buy the Electronic Upgrade Now, Install It Later
You can save big by buying the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade now, but install it in the future

Paul Thurrott

I recommend Microsoft’s web-based installer as the best way to purchase and install Windows 8 Pro. But with the special promotional pricing for this upgrade coming to a close, readers are wondering whether they can buy now (and save) but install later. The answer is a resounding yes.

In fact, you can buy now and install at any time through October 26, 2015.

This is great news. But it’s especially great news for the time being: As I write this, the January 31, 2013 deadline for the promotional pricing expiration is less than a week away. So you can buy the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade through Windows.com for just $39.99 (in the US) now, but install the upgrade at any time in the future, through October 26, 2015. If you have one or more PCs you think you will be upgrading in the future, don’t wait: The price for this upgrade goes up to $199.99 starting February 1, 2013.

(Here’s a meta-tip: You can buy up to five upgrades per email account.)

Here’s how to do it.
Read more @
»winsupersite.com/windows ··· it-later

amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

Re: Windows 8 Tip: Buy the Electronic Upgrade Now, Install It La

Waaaait a minute...
What's up with the Oct. 26th 2015 deadline?
I think we need clarification here.
The deadline seems to be for when you can use their installer, NOT when they key magically expires... at least, one can hope.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to Gone Fishing

Premium Member

to Gone Fishing
If you buy the Windows 8 Pro upgrade but do not install it yet would I still beable to use my current Windows 7 key that I used to upgrade from? Even on a new install?