dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
join:2013-01-28

[Unlock] Unlock SPA2102-R restricted access domains

Hi forum
I dig the web for a week, trying to find if it is possible to unlock my VoIP box; I just found the dslreport forum (I'm french), but I admit I didn't read the 21 pages of »[PAP2] Unlocking Guide - Part II nor 104 pages of part-I.

Please can somebody experienced could say me if I loose my time?
Only the field in the title is locked and there are no admin password on the box firmware 5-2-13. I can't flash to linksys standard firmware.
The french VSP that customized the box is keyyo / phonesystems

Thank you

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

Unfortunately there's not much you can do. If you are good with soldering you can remove the flash chip and wipe an area which stores the customization data.
There is a forum member which used to unlock these remotely for a small fee but he has been offline for half a year.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to locked

to locked
Restricted Access Domains blocks only Line 1 (and provisioning). If your application does not require two lines, simply configure your settings in Line 2 and connect your phone to the Phone 2 port.

If you need both lines, there might be a workaround, e.g. using a customized DNS server. Please post the content of the Restricted Access Domains field, which provider(s) you will use with the two lines, whether you have a PBX system, and what kind of router or router/modem you have.

Hi Stewart
I'd rather like have the boxes (I have 2 ones) fully unlocked and be able to use with any VSP. I have no PBX, but I roughly think the boxes will be used with OVH (they won't provision them because they don't sell/support this hardware).
The field shows Restricted Access Domains: phonesystems.net,keyyo.net
I use any router wrt54GL/NS2/Buffalo's with various openwrt based firmwares, eg freifunk, ddwrt etc, but in fact as the boxes would not be for my personnal usage, I'd rather like they don't need any fake DNS or so guru tweaks. I work as an individual to provide Internet in places with no DSL available, and I'd like the boxes to be mobile to make tests at my customers home with one of them I'll always keep by me, and if test are OK, lend the other box for a while until they decide VoIP is fine and they can subscribe to a VSP and have their own box.
said by toro:

... If you are good with soldering you can remove the flash chip and wipe an area which stores the customization data.

Thanks toro. I can consider this. I have old collegues friends in an electronics facility that could help: do you know which one is the chip? Are there tutos around that say how to wipe (this mean the same chip will be resoldered once done, or a new one?)
said by toro:

...but he has been offline for half a year.

The DogFace05 guy isn't it? I PM'd him yesterday. Hope for him he has no health issue

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

said by locked:

said by toro:

... If you are good with soldering you can remove the flash chip and wipe an area which stores the customization data.

Thanks toro. I can consider this. I have old collegues friends in an electronics facility that could help: do you know which one is the chip? Are there tutos around that say how to wipe (this mean the same chip will be resoldered once done, or a new one?)

See this »Re: [General] The new PAP2 v2.0
It's for SPA2002 but I believe it applies to other SPA series.
The flash chip is the MX one on the back (see »/r0/do ··· ttom.jpg)

Again another 40+ pages topic

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

No, just the 1st post

OK toro: assumed these flash addresses are ok for spa2102 and firmware 5-2-13, please let me know this way is the good one:
unsolder the chip
dump with an e²prom programmer device (ie backup ?)
fill addresses to FF
re-solder
plug
enjoy freedom?

BTW: possible to do that without unsolder?

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

said by locked:

OK toro: assumed these flash addresses are ok for spa2102 and firmware 5-2-13, please let me know this way is the good one:
unsolder the chip
dump with an e²prom programmer device (ie backup ?)
fill addresses to FF
re-solder
plug
enjoy freedom?

Yes.

BTW: possible to do that without unsolder?

I don't think so.
If you want to confirm the addresses, try to contact meister_sd See Profile, I believe he's using that procedure.

Thx toro
I feel like seing the goal

hummmm, he seems to have been offline for ~1year, twice more than DogFace05... let's wait
floriantet
join:2006-03-04
Rochester, MI

floriantet to toro

to toro
Spa2102 settings are kept in flash starting at the following addresses
0x1000
0x8800
0x11000
0x18800
also to make it factory rest safe you need to ff
from address 0x1f0090 to 0x1f00a0