uniqs
share rss forum feed

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

[INTERNET] New caps/upstream on Business accounts

For those that care, just got a letter that as of Feb 1st the business standard upload speed will be increasing from 1 Mbsp to 2 Mbsp. Slight bump on the transfer (from 200GB to 250GB) although I'm never sure it matters on the business accounts (ie no overages).

I'm assuming this may affect other business level accounts.

thodan

@cgocable.net
Business starter is upgrading from 640kbps to 2Mbps, upload transfer is also increasing slightly (can't remember how much).

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
reply to A Lurker
Yayyyy, they're upgrading our unlimited cap to unlimited+50GB! (hopefully that unlimited status remains unlimited)

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
The funny thing is that I'm almost always well below my so-called limit. My Oct/Nov difference is mostly Netflix. Well that and being home more (time off for illness, weekends very inactive). I went from under half the 200GB to slightly over it. And this isn't a Cogeco tracking issue. In both cases my router shows more traffic than Cogeco (an oddity I've tracked over months/years).

I'd probably switch Netflix off HD if I had to worry about it. I really am surprised how much traffic it can suck up.