Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

3 edits

TigerLord

[Skyrim] Modded Skyrim looks amazing

So I saw Dragonborn was coming out, I bought DLC on sale at Christmas, and I haven't touched Skyrim in like a year.

So I thought I could revisit the game, and went to take a look at how things were progressing at Skyrim Nexus.

Well, things progressed a lot.

I get 17-21 fps outdoors with all this installed and enabled, so I'm upgrading my rig this week. When the upgrades are finished, I'll be playing in this environment at playable framerates. Modders are AMAZING!

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

Wow!

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by facepalm:

Wow!

I know!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!
TigerLord

TigerLord

I can take more screenshots if you guys want

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to TigerLord

to TigerLord
I would love to see a dragon. I may have to bust this thing back out just to run around and look. lol
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to TigerLord

to TigerLord
What mods? Also what res/gpu are you using?

Looks great man!

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Isrengard? Nice looking. Would have to overhaul my system to get it to look that good. I just finished the original game last week. I have to move on to the other 3 or 4 games I picked up while playing this before coming back for the DLC.

TigerLord

Canada

3 edits

TigerLord

I'm currently running a single GTX680 2GB with an i7 920 @ 4.0ghz. I'm upgrading to an i7 3930K, and GTX680 4GB in SLI. At 2560x1600. Currently getting 17-20 fps outside. Upgrades should fix the FPS issues.

I will get a dragon screenshot!

My list of mods:
2K Road Snow Footprints (snow)
A Quality World Map (map)
Alternative Snow (snow)
ApachiiSkyHair (hair)
Bellyaches Animal & Creature Pack (animals)
Better Landscape Textures (landscape)
Better Females (face)
Birds of Skyrim (animals)
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition [CBBE] (body)
Categorized Favorites Menu (HUD)
CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible (body/face skin) NEW!
Climates of Tamriel (weather)
Crimson Tide (blood)
Fair Skin Complexion Sweaty Body (skin)
Footprints (footprints)
Get Snowy (snow)
Glowing Ore Veins 300 (ore veins)
Enhanced Blood Textures (blood)
Hair Packs of Fallout 3 (hair)
Hair Packs of TES IV Oblivion (hair)
Hectrol CAVES DELUXE HighRes Retex (dungeons)
Hectrol FX RAINDROPS Deluxe HR for Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
Improved Rock and Mountain Texture (rock/mountain)
Inmersive Armors (armors)
Inmersive HUD (HUD)
Inmersive Weapons (weapons)
KenMOD - Time on loading screen (HUD)
Lush Grass (grass)
Lush Trees (tress)
Natural Eyes (eyes) NEW!
Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
Pets of Skyrim (animals)
Player Home Map Markers (map)
Project Parallax (towns)
Pure Waters (water)
Ran's Headmesh Variants (face mesh)
Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE (ice)
Real Snow (snow)
Realistic Lightning (light)
Realistic Smoke & Embers (smoke & embers)
Remodeled Armor (CBBE) (armors)
Remodeled Armor (UNP) (armors)
Remove Interior Fog (fog)
Revamped Exterior Fog (fog)
Silly Level of Detail - Potions & Poisons (potions & poisons)
Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar (bottles)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod (meshes)
Sky UI (HUD)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (flower/grass/tree)
Skyrim HD 2K (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrocks (rocks)
Serious HD Retexture (dungeon/landscape textures)
The Eyes of Beauty (eyes)
Ultimate HD Fire Spells (fire)
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul (followers)
Visible Windows (windows)
Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux (water)

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Looks awesome. Damn I need to get this game.

Tiger..I'm kind of clueless about all these mods. How do they install and where do you get them?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Start here: »skyrim.nexusmods.com/

100% community ran. The manager makes it super easy.

Follow the instructions and hauler if you need help!

This is important as well: »www.geforce.com/Optimize ··· n-better

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
That's the easiest way to do it. Not too sure about your night though. Looks a little too bright. I find that the vanilla was too dark though.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Awesome dude, thanks. I nearly purchased this on Steam over the weekend when it was $29.99.

I'll get it soon enough.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to fnord76

to fnord76
said by fnord76:

That's the easiest way to do it. Not too sure about your night though. Looks a little too bright. I find that the vanilla was too dark though.

I increased Gamma a bit so we could see the details (in both screenshots), but this is easily fixed in-game by sliding a gamma ticker left or right to your desired or preferred level of darkness.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Awesome dude, thanks. I nearly purchased this on Steam over the weekend when it was $29.99.

I'll get it soon enough.

Dude....if you bought ANY game in recent history, it should have been Skyrim. It's insanely....epic...in the literal sense. It's just huge and more quests than you could imagine. As with most of Bethesda's games, I usually end up doing so many side quests, that the main quest ends up being neglected for months at a time...so much, that I actually start messing some things up in the game, time continuity wise....but I think they've fixed most of those now.

Oh, and even without the mods, it's gorgeous....jaw droppingly so.

With the mods, it's unreal. I've seen where they've cranked them to such levels of detail that you'd never be able to play it (as you'd get 2FPS or something) but it's probably the closest thing to actual cinematic that I've ever seen IN GAME...that engine is fucking crazy.

tl;dr - just get it.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition [CBBE] (body)

really

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I haven't encountered any females to check whether it was installed correctly yet

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

said by TigerLord:

I haven't encountered any females to check whether it was installed correctly yet

I saw the pics, was not impressed. Just did the standard Caliente mod. I have several of the same mods except for the ones you did for character alteration. I have to say it was amazing walking into a new area. I would just spend several minutes just sightseeing. Blackreach was cool as were a lot of the quest specific areas like Wolfskull when you get the man who cried wolf quest.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Koil

MVM

to Koil
said by Koil:

said by Ghastlyone:

I'll get it soon enough.

Dude....if you bought ANY game in recent history, it should have been Skyrim. It's insanely....epic...in the literal sense. It's just huge and more quests than you could imagine. As with most of Bethesda's games, I usually end up doing so many side quests, that the main quest ends up being neglected for months at a time...so much, that I actually start messing some things up in the game, time continuity wise....but I think they've fixed most of those now.

Oh, and even without the mods, it's gorgeous....jaw droppingly so.

With the mods, it's unreal. I've seen where they've cranked them to such levels of detail that you'd never be able to play it (as you'd get 2FPS or something) but it's probably the closest thing to actual cinematic that I've ever seen IN GAME...that engine is fucking crazy.

tl;dr - just get it.

I have to agree.

Skyrim is just that epic. I am playing the game again after taking some time off to play other games. Man, when I came back and picked right back up. I have played this game 80+ hours and I will be putting in probably 80 more before I am done. Dead Space 3 is going to cut into that a bit, but not much.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Welp I know what I'm downloading when I get time, thanks man!
kcrupp
join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI

2 edits

kcrupp to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Click for full size
Click for full size
Yeah, I rebuilt my rig at Christmas and the first thing I did was download the hi-rez texture packs.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2Ghz
Asus Crossfire V Formula Z MB
16 GB of Gskill PC3-12800 @ 1860Hz
XFX Black Edition Radeon HD 6870
500 GB Western Digital Raptor

The easiest place to get mods is - the Steam Workshop. Just check the ones you want and you're done.
»steamcommunity.com/share ··· toprated

I have absolutely everything maxed. 1900 x 1080. There is nothing else I can turn up.
I am maxing out at 60 FPS - my monitors refresh rate.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by kcrupp:

I have absolutely everything maxed. 1900 x 1080. There is nothing else I can turn up.
I am maxing out at 60 FPS - my monitors refresh rate.

Try adding new mods until you hit your minimal FPS limit. I truly mean it when I say it has changed the game for me. I feel like I walk in a dream.

As you can see from my screenshots, I was just shocked to see how different vanilla skyrim on ultra can look compared to what you can do with all these textures and mods.
TigerLord

4 edits

TigerLord

Here's a dragon, but there's no ENB enabled here.

And this is all the bells and whistle with grass mods:

Edit 2/13/13: I get playable FPS (30+ FPS) with a GTX680 4GB SLI + OC'd 3770K at 2560x1600 but to get photorealistic pics like this you NEED an ENB (Opethfeld in this case) but it adds all sorts of contrast issues, bloom, vignetting and other stuff I don't need or want. The different ENB are just different config files using the ENB designed by Boris the Russian, so you can tweak it to your heart's desire, but it's a lot of hassle. I now only play with the mods without any ENB. The screenshot above this one was taken without any ENB.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

1 recommendation

facepalm to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Thanks for the pics. I was hoping to get back on GW2 this weekend, but I might just have to take an arrow to the knee again.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Weird timing for this topic, as last night was the first time since last April I fired up Skyrim. I almost started a new game, looked at the clock, and decided to sleep instead.
I have a hi-def texture pak that I cannot use due to performance, and another mod that allows me to own goldenglow estate.
Your screenies look beautiful!

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Thanks for listing out your mods Tiger, I appreciate it. I've been having a hankering to get back to Skyrim after a year or so now. WoW is back to becoming a grind and I just loved the hell out of Skyrim. I haven't checked out any of the DLC and think it's time to do so.

It's been so long I have forgotten. If I start a new character, do I wipe my existing guy?

Oh, and getting your mods on Steam Workshop really is very easy and does a good job keeping them updated. I've been very impressed with it, regardless of the whole controversy behind it.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Now if ESO online would only let us mod (I know it can't!).

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to TigerLord

to TigerLord
If they turn ESO into an abortion and give this series a bad name, I'm going to be royally pissed.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

said by Raible:

If they turn ESO into an abortion and give this series a bad name, I'm going to be royally pissed.

Bethesda is the only AAA developer to have never disappointed me in any major way in the past few years. I enjoyed Fallout 3, Las Vegas and Oblivion quite a bit. Skyrim is a modern jewel for sure. I do hope ESO won't be awful.

Just consider this short list:
THQ: gone forever
Ubisoft: shitty DRM, first hours of AS3 awful, storytelling YAWN
Blizzard: D3 lolol
Bioware: SWTOR (biggest MMO flop of the century), Dragon Age 2 (uggh). Their last perfect game must have been KOTOR and it came out like 13 years ago.

Compare the resources these studios have with a small Polish studio like CDProjekt with 20ish employees that deliver games like The Witcher 2.

There's a reason Kickstarter is so popular: AAA studios are spending more and more money on fluff to please investors at the expense of the gamers they don't even understand.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

I still haven't discounted Blizzard completely, though D3 was a big black eye for them. Prior to that, there track record was impeccable. (That is, I don't necessarily consider xpacs to WoW as being 'new' titles judged in the same light. If that were the case, they'd have a few more dotted eyes)

DA:O (as we've argued about) was pretty damn good, imo...the follow up, not so much. I think DA:O was a AAA title.

The Witcher (as we've argued) didn't really do much for me. Great story, but game play left me feeling lacking. Never played 2, though I've heard from more than those on this board that's it was better than the original.

I still have FO:NV sitting in my library. Patiently waiting for our time together. I've been playing SO many new games, I just haven't committed to it yet....but I will. FO3 was fucking unreal...Bethesda does seem to be king 'o' the mountain, afaiac.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76 to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
It was hard to go to FO: NV from Skyrim. I just started it up and though, god this looks bad. After spending 1 1/2 hours scouring the mod community getting tweaks and various things for it it is much improved, but definitely not Skyrim. I realize it is a year older than Skyrim, but I got spoiled playing it that nothing else visually compares.