reply to Dissembled

Re: [Skyrim] Modded Skyrim looks amazing

That google man I tell you.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

said by I AM:

That google man I tell you.

Cool thing I learned about the other day.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to TigerLord

I believe Zenimax made Dishonored also. But I read some people out there saying Bethesda really only had their name attached to it.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to kcrupp

said by kcrupp:

Where can I get this "female-models-to-put-Barbie-proportions-to-shame" mod?

Here's a retsupurae on the material. Probably easy enough to find the source from there. Also, NSFW because of nudity patch, among other things.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HxzjFX2AOk

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium
join:2004-07-08
united state
reply to TigerLord

Agreed, mine looks similar to yours except im not using as many mods...as some of the other ones i use such as Snow and Rocks HD covers caves, rocks, and snow at 4096 textures all in 1 mod...

I would be more then happy to post the mods i use when I get home as well as a screenshot if anyone is interested.

As for ENB, i have tried a bunch of them, and to be honest...IMO Realistic Colors and Realistic Nights is overall the best IMO...it also has its own volumetic fog, sharpening, etc. you can get it at the link below or on the Nexus

»www.rcrncommunity.com/

Note however you CAN NOT use ANY mod that effects fog, any weather mods like the Climates of Tameriel, etc if you want to use RCRN. RCRN includes its own enchanced weather which IMO is better then the weather mods anyways.

i'll be honest, after using RCRN i couldn't imagine playing Skyrim without it. However with RCRN caves are dark..you Will need torches or light spells to see if caves...because caves are "realistically dark" as they should have been when bethesda released the game.

see these screenshots

»www.rcrncommunity.com/rcrn-skyri···shots-hd

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Please post your mods!

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to TigerLord

Yeah Woody, post your mods so I can try yours

I upgraded to an i7 3770K this week, and will be in GTX680 4GB SLI by the end of the week.

Wooohoooo!

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to I AM

Could be worse, they could be having ID make it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to TigerLord

Very nice!

Woody79_00
Premium
united state
reply to TigerLord

Ok TigerLord and Kris Here are the mods I am using. i will also include special notes at the bottom about conflicts with mods i am not using that i know of.

Woody's Skyrim Mod List

Skyrim Nexus Mods

Footprints
Crimson Tide
Enhanced Blood Textures
skyROCKS
Static Mesh Improvement
HD Enhanced Terrain
Auto Unequip Ammo
A Quality World Map
Map Markers Complete
Map Markers Camps and Shacks
Unoffical skyrim Patch
Unoffical Dawnguard Patch
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
RIS- Real Ice and Snow - Meduim Snow
RIS - Real Ice and snow Extreme Watery Icicle
Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer Pack - Dawnguard
Better Beast Races
XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement
Improved rock and mountain textures
Snow and Rocks Textures HD Caves Ultra Quality 4096
Snow and Rocks Textures HD Rocks Ultra quality 4096
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Skyrim flora Overhaul 4096 Aspen Leaves
Skyrim Flora Overhaul Diverse Pine Colors
Skyrim Flora Overhaul Diverse Aspen Colors
Realistic Colors and Realistic Nights
Skyrim HD 2k Textures 1.5 full (Complete Pack Dungeons, Landscape, Misc, Towns, Riften)
AMidianBorn - Book of Silence
AMidianBorn - Book of Silence - Steel Weapons
AMidianBorn - Savior's Hide
Better Landscape Textures
HiRes Legible road signs
Serious HD Retexture Skyrim Landscape 2048
Serious HD Retexture Skyrim Landscape 2048 - Update
Lanterns of Skyrim all in One - Dawnguard
Lanterns of Skyrim all in One - RCRN Legacy Preset
Improved Dragon Shouts - Balanced Edition
Run for your Lives
When Vampires Attack
Gildergreen Regrown
high Qality 3D Map
Terrain Bump
W.A.T.E.R - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux
Dungeon Quest Awareness

Steam Workshop Mods

Werewolf Full Moon Rising Ability Fix
Crimson Nirnroot Quest Markers
Dragon Preist Mask Quest Markers
Prowler's Profit Fix
Jiub's Opus Quest Markers
Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
Skyrim Overhaul: Enemies (updated 12.01.2013)
Skyrim overhaul: Factions
Brand-Shei Prison Fix
Lighter Dragon loot
Unofficial Item Fixes
Increased Merchant Gold count
Better Artifacts
Notes

Install Realistic Colors and Realistic Night last. use the AutoInstaller from here.
»www.rcrncommunity.com/download

Remember that rcrnvolumetric.esp must be always placed after rcrnshaders.esp so it must be the last of the two files!

rcrnvolumetric.esp MUST be at the bottom of the load order. rcrnshaders.esp MUST be 2nd to last in load order just above rcrnvolumetric.esp

DO NOT instlal Lush Trees or Lush Grass with these mods. Its not need. The New skyrim flora Overhaul released yesterday includes new grass improvements...Lush Grass is not necessary and may cause conflicts.

If you want better trees instead of using Lush Trees use
Skyrim Flora Overhaul 4096 Aspen Leaves
Skyrim Flora Overhaul Diverse Pine Colors
Skyrim Flora Overhaul Diverse Aspen Colors

in otherwords, I have included tree mods that are compatible that won't hinder performance.

Improved Dragon Shouts Balanced Edition Must be placed BEFORE the Unofficial Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Heathfire patches in the load order, else the Drain vitality shout will glitch and you will learn the Dragon's crappy version with no voice instead of the improved version.

Also note Improved Dragon Shouts also improves enemy shouts...Drauger Deathlords and Overloads Frost Breath shouts can kill you vary quickly, and their Disarm shout will work on you up until level 50 i do believe. There is also a Hardcore version of this mod that makes yours and enemies Dragon shouts even more potent.

Skyrim Overhaul: Enemies (updated 12.01.2013), and Skyrim overhaul: Factions is a MUST for this set of mods. With the improved Dragon shouts and such this keeps the game much more fun.

for example, Standard Bandits will level all the way to 30, Bandit chiefs to 50 I do believe. Wood elf Bandits have a 50% chance of using elven bow. Orc Bandits have chance of using Orc Weapons.

Imperial Legion Legates have the 1st 4 ranks of Armsman and the 1st 4 ranks of Heavy Armor juggernaut perks. They are actually a challenge to fight now,

Many enemies in the game gets a few armor, and weapon perks that make them more fun.

In other words, this mod ensures you don't 1 hit kill everything after level 35....which makes the game more fun. Just so you know, at level 79 a Bandit chief can take 3/4 of my 660 health in 3 hits on Adept difficulty....the game never becomes insanely easy, but it challenge is fair...sure sometimes the enemy can kill you, but its not like all the time. It just keeps the game interesting. Even if you max out your armor cap, Bandit chiefs, Falmer etc can still kill you in the 3-5 hits....they are not pushovers, thus the game doesn't get insanely easy at level 35 on.

I couldnt post any screenshots, as MSI Afterburner just doesn't do it justice at all.

You just have to see if yourself...these mods make the game just gorgeous and immersive! Go ahead and give it a try, and get close torocks and check out caves as well....and bring a torch...

This set gets as close as lore friendly as possible without too much washed out colors...i think folks will really enjoy this...AMidianBorn - Book of Silence will make you guys never want to give up your iron or steel armors and weapons...they just look awesome!

let me know what you think guys!

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to TigerLord

have you had any conflicts between mods installed with the nexus mod manager and the steam workshop?

Woody79_00
Premium
united state

No I haven't tiger.

Both places mostly have the same mods, but there are a few that are Steam workshop exclusive, and there are some that are Nexus Exclusive.

However, I have never had any issues with the workshop or the nexus. i use both.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
reply to TigerLord

»imgur.com/a/DOLFL#0

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

What mods?

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC

I can't take credit for the pics, grabbed the link from Reddit. The OP listed how he got the game to look as it does in the pics as well as his rig specs in the comments on Reddit.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

What's the link?

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC

said by Krisnatharok:

What's the link?

»www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments···us_post/
Sorry about that, assumed it had the link to Reddit comments in the album.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."
Expand your moderator at work

kcrupp

join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to TigerLord

Re: [Skyrim] Modded Skyrim looks amazing

Don't think this is worth a new thread.

Skyrim HD Texture Pack Update on Steam

»www.bethblog.com/

"In a continued effort to support our PC fanbase, we’ve released a Steam update to Skyrim’s (free) HD Texture Pack. In addition to high resolution textures in the main game, the update adds improved textures for Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and the newly-released Dragonborn.

Before you download, make sure your PC has the horsepower to support it. Make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim’s recommended specs before attempting to install, and that your PC has Windows Vista/7, a minimum of 4GB of system RAM, and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.

If you already have the Skyrim texture pack, be aware that you’ll be downloading an update that’s approximately 4.7 GB in size."

4.7 GB in Size. Jeez...

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to TigerLord

have finally had time to install the GTX680 4GB SLI and run a few tests.

I am happy to report that will all these mods, I am acheving a 45-55 fps average outside at 2560x1600. It dips to the 31-38fps range when there is a lot of grass.

AO is on Quality (HQ took a 5 fps hit), 8xCSAA, 2xAA, shadows on grass disabled if the grass mods are installed (bShadowsOnGrass=0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini) and uGrid at 7.

Bottleneck seems to be the GPU, so I will try some slight overclocks. VRAM usage according to MSI Afterburner was 3200MB at peak.

Considering I had unplayable framerates before, all this tweaking will have been worth it in the end.

kcrupp

join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to TigerLord

I notice that Greenman has Skyrim for 33% off. I've seen it for less, but not lately.

Activates on Steam.

»www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/p···-skyrim/

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX
reply to TigerLord

I added all of the mods you listed here to my own install and I didn't get the same results. One thing I noticed as I was activating them in the Nexus manager was that some of them would ask to overwrite a certain file that was already installed from a previous mod. I just said no to anything like that for the whole mod, but how do you keep them from stepping on one another like that?

The ones that do appear to be working I can see an improvement, but still not quite to your level of the screenshots you posted.
--
The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. -John Adams, 1787

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to TigerLord

Did you install the ENB?

As for overwriting, click Yes all the time. I never had issues, and most mods are meant to work together. Never had an issue.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada

3 edits
reply to TigerLord

Click for full size
100% crop
Click for full size
100% crop
Click for full size
Resized
I stopped playing with an ENB installed because the bloom and vignetting were driving me mad. The games looks less photorealistic now but it's still gorgeous so it's a trade-off.

Some modders have done a great job at retexturing armors and weapons. If you look at the original size of the 100% crop screenshots, you'll see very little blurry pixels.

Haven't bought Dragonborn yet, but Dawnguard is AWESOME. Being a vampire lord is stupid fun. I hated being a werewolf because you couldn't transform in and out at will. Now that this problem is resolved, it's a lot easier to feel badass and cosplay your way through Dawnguard as if it were an Underworld movie. CUE KATE BECKINSALE IN LEATHER TIGHTS PLEASE.

You get the glowy Sith eyes when you become a vampire lord, too.

The armored fur cap is a mod, as is the cloak. All craftable. The armor is the Deadric one. I found a backpack yesterday that increased carrying capacity in a dungeon, then downloaded a mod to craft better looking ones. AFAIK cloaks and backpacks are in the vanilla game (though possibly added by one of the DLC, not sure). I have a 608 carrying capacity now. So practical!

Dawnguard also added arrows crafting, thank god. New dragonbone arrows are now the best you can get.

Skyrim modded as it is is just a perfect game. Flawless. With all the interface tweaks, it could not be improved upon. I hope CDProjekt is listening to us. I think I will post a detailed thread on their forums with screenshots to show them how it is done.
If TW3 really is going to be Skyrim in Geralt's world they need a much better interface.

Here's a good example of the effectiveness of the fire effects mod. My dragon is on the left.

On top of a dragon before I split his skull open. lucky screenshot.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to TigerLord

Those shots have convinced me I must reinstall this and get all the mods you have and play EVERYTHING. Welp I'm failing college this semester.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada

4 edits

said by me1212:

Those shots have convinced me I must reinstall this and get all the mods you have and play EVERYTHING. Welp I'm failing college this semester.

It certainly re-invigorated my passion to play games. Don't know how long it'll last, maybe 20-30h, but it's so much fun, completely worth it.

FYI if you get mods you can still get the new Bethesda 4.7GB HD texture pack (via Steam only). Skyrim Nexus even brought out an unofficial patch to fix the mesh and texture problems. Make sure you load their textures BEFORE any textures you got from the Nexus since they're better 99% of the time.

If you combine my Skyrim and mod folders, we're at 32GB. I think the vanilla game, when freshly installed from Steam, is at 17GB. So it's obviously a lot of added textures but the results speak from themselves.

If you're going to get all these mods and want to get the game and play like this from start, I highly recommend you get a Skyrim Nexus Premium account. You get uncapped and unlimited downloads, it'll make downloading those 15GB of mods and textures A LOT LESS painful. You could theoritically do it all in one night with a good enough connection, and be off to play the next day.

Make sure you follow the nvidia guide to improve your graphics (provided you have an nvidia card). The adjustments they propose make a HUGE difference. You'll need the mods + nvidia inspector + edit .ini files (skyrim.ini + skyrimprefs.ini) to get the full effect.

Like I said if you are starting from scratch it'll take a few hours, but do it right and you'll get 100 hours of gorgeous looking and fun gameplay afterards. I wish I was new to Skyim just so I could experience the game like this for the first time.

Non graphical mods that are VITAL or HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
MUST - Categorized favorite menu
MUST - SkyUI
MUST - High Quality Maps
HR - Player Home Markers (allows to instant travel to any of your homes)
HR - Clock in the loading screen (easier to keep track of your game hours. I got to bed at like 4:00AM yesterday after I lost track of time. Girlfriend thought I was passed out in front of PC working)

SkyUI is simply amazing. AMAZING. Truly. I remember its first iteration and the things they have done... it's perfect. Categorized favorites is a must too, because it uses your entire screen to list your favorite stuff by categories. When you play at 2560x1600 and have a lot of pixel real estate, you appreciate stuff like this.

Let me know if you need help with the modding.

PS. Do not put uGrid at over 7, and forget using High Quality Ambient Occlusion at high res (Difference between Quality and High Quality is like 20 fps for me... it behaves like ubersampling in The Witcher 2. Huge performance hit for very little improvement). At smaller res (like 1680x1050) you'll want AO to HQ, which can only be enabled via nvidia inspector. Best you can set via nvidia control panel is quality.

When you're in Vampire Lord form you can actually fly (hover). When sprinting you go really fast, faster than horse galloping or any sprinting. My new favorite mean of travel

Here: Shadowmere, Odahviin and a Vampire Lord go to a BBQ.

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord:

Did you install the ENB?

As for overwriting, click Yes all the time. I never had issues, and most mods are meant to work together. Never had an issue.

ENB? Sorry, I haven't used mods very much on Skyrim so I'm still somewhat new to all of this. Just getting the Nexus manager up and running I see now how useful this one tool is.
--
The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. -John Adams, 1787

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada

said by warlock56:

ENB? Sorry, I haven't used mods very much on Skyrim so I'm still somewhat new to all of this. Just getting the Nexus manager up and running I see now how useful this one tool is.

Yeah sorry, should have elaborated.

There's two ways to enhance Skyrim:
1. Via mods (new textures or scripts), direct game file changes (ini files) or via nVidia Control Panel (it basically bypasses whatever the game tells the GPU and runs it according to our specifications).
2. Via ENB

ENB is a project a russian started which allows to make changes to the graphics engine of a game but without having access to it. It injects code for post-processing after the fact. You will need to download the appropriate ENB version (all you need is the d3d9.dll) depending on which ENB config you want: »www.enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.htm

All these ENB config files do is basically change the way Boris' ENB acts. It allows to add stuff like SSAO, FFXA, and other complex lighting schemes. Then in game you can enable/disable the ENB with shift+F12. You'll need an ENB config to get that realistic light.

The best way to start modding is first work your way through Nexus Manager then find an ENB config you like. You'll need to look at screenshots and videos to find an ENB you like.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to TigerLord

OK I spent my off day testing ENB and this is the one I recommend: »skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15551

Use this with Realistic Lighting Overhaul and IMAGINATOR to fix the colors to your liking.

Breezehome

There is a zero (0!!!) FPS hit with this ENB for me. And without it, it's impossible to get that kind of lighting.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

1 recommendation

While most of the screenshots above looked nice, nothing made me want to start playing this again... but the last one with the lighting is just wow. I just might have to start it up again.

Wonder how much my poor CPU will be able to handle.