Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to Fishead1

Premium Member

to Fishead1

Re: Path of Exile

said by Fishead1:

Right now I have mixed feelings about the game.I'm enjoying it but not loving it yet.I'm glad that its free because I can't really afford to buy at this time.I've only bought maybe 2/3 games all year.
I finding it hard to get use to the economy with not gold in it.After playing so many games that follow the old Dungeons and Dragons type rules this game goes in a different direction.It takes getting use to.
Right now I have 2 characters around level 14 and its still kind of boring slogging away with not much really good finds.I guess it will be like Diablo where the good spells and better stuff that drops seem to start after level 30.Has anyone played with a higher level character and found it starts opening up ?

The game really starts to shine around level 31+ when you start to gather more skill/support gems. I've got a 52 witch summoner that is a blast to play.

The game is great, the first beginning levels get pretty stale but playing hardcore helps keep the tension up. It's also alot more fun if you have people to play with.

That said, it is open BETA. Constant crashes and roll backs are pretty common. This weekend has been plagued with disconnects out the ass, causing people to re run zones multiple times to find a waypoint or complete a quest. Also the bug that moves your HC characters to default really sucks ass. They've been trying to fix the disconnects all weekend so props to them.

Other than that the game is pretty addicting, trying to find a new combination of skills is cool. The uniques are lackluster and I seriously think finding linked sockets is priority. The art style needs some help, being level 50+ and not having pants is just seriously retarded. And the armor styles are just the same at level 1 as they are at 50.

I'd recommend playing it if you like Diablo 2 type games, it definetly has the feel that Diablo 3 shouldve been. Can't wait for this game to be completed.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

I've already seen a big improvement from Closed Beta to Open Beta. It will only get better.

is game progression as follows Gundy?

Beat Normal -> Then Beat Cruel -> then Beat Merciless?

then after Merciless you can kick off dungeons at difficulty settings you choose?

can you confirm this?

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac to Gundy

Premium Member

to Gundy
Brother Laz is helping to design atleast some of the uniques in the game

if you don't know who that is, he is the guy who gave us median XL......i guarantee not all uniques are lackluster with him designing many of them :P

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

many of the microtransaction upgrades are awesome

- a crown of iceicles
- a halo
- flaming swords, modified looking spell affects... VERY VERY COOL