"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

Re: My lovely cat is dying

I love my cat. She has ben with me for 17 years. It is her time.
I could "keep her going" for a year with medication.
I am choosing not to. I want her to die on her terms, not a medical one.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

1 recommendation

dbmaven

Mod

A very tough decision - and a painful one at that.
My heart and thoughts go out to you.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

PeteC2 to Dominokat

MVM

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

I love my cat. She has ben with me for 17 years. It is her time.

I can understand the sentiment. It is a tough decision, but then you have made good decisions for your friend for many years now.

Jammy
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA

1 recommendation

Jammy to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

I love my cat. She has been with me for 17 years. It is her time.

As another cat owner we both will keep your cat in our prayers. I think I would probably do the same as you. But I would make sure he/she was not in any pain while she finishes out her life and readies herself for the Rainbow Bridge.

Jammy

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by Jammy:

said by Dominokat:

I love my cat. She has been with me for 17 years. It is her time.

As another cat owner we both will keep your cat in our prayers. I think I would probably do the same as you. But I would make sure he/she was not in any pain while she finishes out her life and readies herself for the Rainbow Bridge.

Jammy

As I pointed out n my fist post. This diagnoses came as a shock. I just thought she was constipated, as it has happened before and has nearly the same symptoms. (No poop, not eating, groggy..)
She is still going okay. When she isn't sleeping (which she does a lot of now) she still follows me everywhere. Purrs, wants to be petted. About the only thing so far, is her sleeping all the time and not eating a lot.
She is losing weight, not good. But that is part of the condition. She nibbles food. Sometimes she eats a whole serving, but that is way not normal now.
Sometime she will get to the point of not eating at all. Days after she will start getting worse and that is when I will put her down so she won't suffer.

Jammy
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
Pittsburg, CA

1 recommendation

Jammy

Premium Member

said by Dominokat:

She is losing weight, not good. But that is part of the condition. She nibbles food. Sometimes she eats a whole serving, but that is way not normal now.
Sometime she will get to the point of not eating at all. Days after she will start getting worse and that is when I will put her down so she won't suffer.

There are a few dry cat foods made especially for cats with kidney/urinary tract problems. I feed my cat Pro Plan by Purina. He is still on kittens since he will not be 1 year old until April. It is a bit expensive but it was recommended by PetSmart and his vet. Try feeding her brown rice mixed with chicken or turkey.

Jammy