All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Geno71
join:2012-12-12
Antioch, IL

Geno71

Re: [Rant] Comcast Treats Long-Time Customers Like Garbage

Hi. You misunderstood... Over those for years, my bill went up $12/month and the bandwidth only increase 4 Mbps during that same time period. Yes I could buy a modem for $100 or whatever it is, but that is beside the point. The point is

1) they should NEVER increase modem rental fees unless you actually switch out to a more powerful / expensive modem at the time. There's no justification for boosting a modem rental fee. These modems cost Comcast peanuts. They're paid for after the first year of service, easily.

2) Increased fees should mean increased service levels over time. That's not happening and no amount of "cancel and sign up again" tricks makes it OK. Comcast treats their long-time customers who get tired of the increases, like crap.

I have (what I believe to be) the Preferred level of service that in recent times was $69.95 until they jacked up the rate again this month. Apparently I have hope of getting a 2x bandwidth increase one day, but only when FiOS reaches my area and I Comcast perceives a threat.

»[Speed] Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades her

No FiOS as yet, but you can bet if it gets here first I won't be waiting around to ask Comcast for a "free upgrade" that I should've gotten over the last 4 years as part of my fee increases.

They have huge capacity to increase everyone's bandwidth but won't do it until they face the prospect of a mass exodus in a particular market due to superior product like FiOS or Google Fiber.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 edit

Johkal

MVM

I'm not understanding what tier you had & what you have now.

If you have Preferred 12/2, then your previous tier would have been 6/1. So, they doubled your speeds. If you have Preferred 20/4, then your speed would have been 12/2.

Note: OP updated post declaring tier speed.
weescotsman
join:2011-10-02
Miami, FL

weescotsman to Geno71

to Geno71
Comcast is doubling the speed for free, has happened in a few areas so soon enough you will have double the speed.

Also do you have a docsis 3 modem or a docsis 2 at the moment.