site

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

sbken

join:2002-03-09
Etowah, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to 15444104

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Being a persistent cuss I've already sent snail mails to my two Senators, the FCC and the FTC. The FTC replied with a form letter, telling me they'll save my letter in their secure database. (Oh wow!) The FCC, as they have done previously, did not reply but sent a copy of my letter to the ATT President's office. As has happened before, the same "gentleman" in the President's office called me and apologized from speaking to me in a condescending manner. He did not promise any improvement to or resolution of the original problem. This afternoon I received a telephone call from one of the Senator's office in Washington, DC and the aide informed me that they were aware of the third-world quality of the U.S. internet. They were working with the FCC to draft new legislation to mandate improved internet service but that ATT and the other major carriers are fighting them. Nevertheless, he said that they might see some improvements/changes in the few couple of years. Don't hold your breath.

P.S. A few years ago I received a thinly-veiled email threat from ATT warning me that that had the authority of terminate my service if I took "harassing" action. They provided a long list of what they considered harassment conditions - obscenity, threats, etc. I've engaged in none of those actions. But they implied that other actions on my part could result in termination of service. So, a letter to Mr. Stephenson could be counter-productive. I'll wait to hear from my other Senator. But I don't expect any improvement in ATT Service in the foreseeable future.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

1 edit

said by sbken:

They provided a long list of what they considered harassment conditions - obscenity, threats, etc. I've engaged in none of those actions. But they implied that other actions on my part could result in termination of service. So, a letter to Mr. Stephenson could be counter-productive.

Sounds like someone in middle management is trying to prevent you from voicing your concerns to someone who can get something done ...like the CEO.

As long as your letter is respectful I see NO reason why you shouldn't let the CEO know about how his underlings are responding to those THAT PAY THEIR SALARIES!

The ONLY reason that other "gentleman" apologized for his behavior is because he knows that it was COMPLETELY UNacceptable behavior and is probably grounds for HIS TERMINATION, if the CEO knew about it. Which the CEO SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BEHAVIOR.

The critical thing is that you must send that letter
"return receipt requested, to be opened ONLY by Mr. Randall Stephenson CEO of ATT. "

SlowFITL

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

The problem with AT&T is management. They are completely uncoordinated. It's a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. The best thing that could happen is for the wireline business to be spun off.

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19

Soon as they find a buyer with $1 trillion dollars it's sold.
They want 100% wireless and cant wait to drop all landlines.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

The imagined unending profit goldmine with wireless won't last forever, considering how the main street economy is stumbling more than even now, (wages stagnant or dropping due to inflation) price of staples going up, gas ect...most consumers are at the tipping point of what they can afford to spend on NONessential items, and internet is one of them.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

Anything Randall Stephenson can do for another steak dinner.

ATT is the absolute bottom of the dumpster.

SlowFITL

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by DataRiker:

ATT is the absolute bottom of the dumpster.

Quoted for the truth. I'm stuck with them and hate every minute of it until Mediacom decides they want to service our neighborhood.

Danny

@bellsouth.net

ever since about oct-2012, from 3pm to 9-10pm our ping goes up by outrageous rates. i try speedtests, and the throttling holds us steady "within our payment plan range" but the connection is intermittent overall.

every day my sons complain about how they cant play their games because their lag is so horrible because of the high pings.

customer support is NO HELP because as i said we're "within our accepted range for our payment plan"

such utter BS.

This is a sub-selection from ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!