zaedas99

join:2012-03-06

What do you guys think about this new CRTC decision upcoming

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
kudos:3
We know things are settled and it's just a matter of days until we know what will happen. If our cost drop, consider new interesting stuff will happen in ISP world for canadians.

This will open the door to IPTV for pretty much all small isp in canada and an explosion in speed/offering. In an ideal world if the decision is good enough we could see services like the 200 Mbits Docsis 3.0 with a decent caps or better no caps at all.

CRTC has always been 'in the middle between what incumbent wants and what independant want' so i would not hold my breath on a massive shift. Still... i wish because it could mean major changes in telecom.

On the other hand, price can go up and incumbent can get what they wanted. This could mean the end of generous caps as we know. I don't think this will happen because they caused competition to grow since last year. At least here at Ebox we have seen a drastic change and we sure told it to the CRTC when we saw them in Toronto last November. They did hell of a good job. It's still not enough but at least there is more choice than ever before.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
reply to zaedas99
Considering Bell us now suddenly offering unlimited on all their internet packages,I'm pretty sure the got advanced information and the rates will be dramatically lower.

Good news for everyone

Hyrules

join:2006-07-19
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Videotron
·ELECTRONICBOX
·FreePhoneLine
reply to zaedas99
Let's hope so because IPTV is becoming more and more tempting. Anyway in a near future everything will go through the internet. There won't be such thing as phoneline or cable tv. So ISP have no choice but eventually work something to give everyone unlimited bandwidth.
--
- Technicien en informatique / Computer tech [A+]
- Chasseur d'orage / Storm Chaser

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
said by Hyrules:

So ISP have no choice but eventually work something to give everyone unlimited bandwidth.

Either unlimited, or calculate the TV and the Phone's bandwidth separately.

sunnyd71

join:2004-05-22
l7z2t4
reply to zaedas99
Do we have a reference number or indication from the CRTC that this decision is coming soon?

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by sunnyd71:

Do we have a reference number or indication from the CRTC that this decision is coming soon?

The CRTC assigns a number once the decision is made, not before.