share rss forum feed

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27
reply to dslx_gm

Re: New customer switching to contract

Got the IM; will be checking with the billing department on this for you tomorrow.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

1 recommendation

Hey, I had the billing supervisor review the call, and even listed in to it myself. I'm afraid the CSR didn't make such a promise; you expressed concern over whether DSL would work at your location and wanted to try a monthly subscription first, and the rep confirmed you could then go to annual contract or cancel service depending on whether or not it worked. She confirmed that if you were on annual and you cancelled there'd be the $250 Early Termination Fee, but if you were on monthly and you cancelled there'd be no such ETF... but the point about the first-time promo pricing never even came up in the conversation (you didn't ask about it, and she didn't discuss it either). I agree that she should have brought up the point, but I understand how it might have slipped her mind because you were specifically asking about the monthly subscription and cancellation at multiple points during the call.

I do apologize for the misunderstanding, but she didn't make such a promise; at this point, we would need to cancel the service and start over in order to secure the first-time promo rate for you.

snpy1

@synopsys.com

Well, thanks for trying.... I do appreciate your desire to help.

I have gone to your website dozens of times to research it, and not once did I see a different price for existing customer. And reading through the FAQs, etc, and I didn't see that there is a different pricing for existing customers and new customers. Maybe it's buried somewhere, but having never seen a different number, it may not have occurred to me that there is going to be a difference. When I was at comcast's website, it was very clear that there is a new customer pricing and existing customer pricing. I certainly didn't expect that a 2 week customer is not a new customer. Stupid trusting me. Learnt my lesson.

*Rant*: why do companies treat existing customers worse? Loyalty doesn't pay any more. *End Rant*

I guess the way it works in DSLX is that pricing for existing customer (never realize that a 2 week old customer is an old customer) will not show up until I bite.

I so much want to stay with DSLX because I don't want to deal with telcos. But at this pricing, AT&T u-verse (3mbps) + phone is cheaper than POTS + DSLX (3mbps) ... $40 vs $45. Or I could get AT&T's 6mbps for total of $45. So, unless I get the new customer pricing, DSLX's price is not attractive.

Now, if I cancel and sign up again, how seamless will it be? What would be the down-time? I do need it to be seamless as I need it for my work. Do I have to return the modem/filters and then wait for a new one from DSLX, etc?

p/s: my setup wasn't completely smooth. First, support wasn't 24/7.... not sure why. Tech support couldn't help me on PPPoE with my router running tomato firmware. Fortunately, after fiddling with it for days, I managed to get it working nicely with DSLX myself. Then I later found out that the modem from DSLX needs rebooting every 1-3 days, but at least I know the issues and know how to work around it.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Unfortunately, downtime during such a disconnect/reconnect usually does take about two weeks, as we basically have to completely deconstruct the circuit, wait for the 'rubble' to be cleared away, and then rebuild it from scratch. Let me give you a call and see if we can find a way to expedite that for you.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Tried to reach you by phone, but you weren't available, and I didn't see any other callback numbers listed on your account either. Unfortunately, you haven't signed up for this site yet (it's free), so I can't send you a PM, either. I'll try again later to reach you, or if you'd like you can sign up for the site and send me a PM with another number (cellphone, for example) for me to call you.