Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

Re: VISA system down across canada

said by peterboro:

I only use cash for everything but travelling and purchases like real estate. Hopefully the whole system will crash spectacularly and it won't matter what card you use.

Or merchants will be allowed to outright charge for additional fees for credit card payments, like the 1.5 - 3.5% they pay. Kinda like what's happening in the US...
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by urbanriot:

Or merchants will be allowed to outright charge for additional fees for credit card payments, like the 1.5 - 3.5% they pay. Kinda like what's happening in the US...

Good, it'll keep all those people in front of me in line fumbling around with their pins and swiping wrong from using them so much.

quicker
@cogeco.net

quicker

Anon

I can usually use my debit 50% faster then giving the lady at Tims a $20 bill and wait for her to count the change out, then go and get my coffee.

Debit is quicker, they put the debit trans through, I am pinning while they make my coffee and by the time they are done making it I am already well ahead of them with my pin and waiting on them, also not waiting on them to count out change.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

If those precious seconds are important to you and you want the quickest way, get a Tim Card.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

If those precious seconds are important to you and you want the quickest way, get a Tim Card.

PayPass or Paywave are likely faster than the Tim Card if you go to a location with their newer POS system.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to quicker

to quicker
said by quicker :

I can usually use my debit 50% faster then giving the lady at Tims a $20 bill and wait for her to count the change out, then go and get my coffee.

Debit is quicker, they put the debit trans through, I am pinning while they make my coffee and by the time they are done making it I am already well ahead of them with my pin and waiting on them, also not waiting on them to count out change.

Except you are the exception, and debit is not quicker on the whole, and I constantly stand behind people who fumble around with their cards.

quicker
@cogeco.net

quicker

Anon

And I consistently am stuck behind people counting out nickles and dimes to pay for their purchase

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

Except you are the exception, and debit is not quicker on the whole, and I constantly stand behind people who fumble around with their cards.

I am very quick with debit, but just like you, i get stuck behind people who aren't...fumbling through the menu screens, keying in the wrong password, picking the wrong account.

i do find my paypass is really quick though.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by peterboro:

I am very quick with debit, but just like you, i get stuck behind people who aren't...fumbling through the menu screens, keying in the wrong password, picking the wrong account.

What gets me going is you are standing in line,watching the cashier ring through your groceries, and when and only when you are told the total do some folks go fishing through their purses for money.

I get in line, and have my card ready to go.. (i also have no patience).
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

.. (i also have no patience).

If you are that impatient there are ways to alleviate that and help you chill out. One, and you have probably never considered this, is the use of marijuana.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by peterboro:

I am irritated by coffee shops (I'm looking at you, Tim) that now accept debit... It's slowed down what is already a glacial pace that they operate at now. Of course, having a 7 page menu doesn't help - I miss the days when donut shops sold (gasp) coffee and donuts!

Pannini and pasta and who know's what's next... Ugh.

If you don't have a $1.65 on you, you don't need a take-out coffee...
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by LazMan:

I am irritated by coffee shops (I'm looking at you, Tim) that now accept debit...

Then you get the pinheads who want to use debit hanging half way out their vehicle window while fumbling around with the portable terminal. What makes them think if they can't handle a fixed terminal on their best day that they can tackle a portable one thus holding up a lineup of cars with important people like me.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by elwoodblues:

.. (i also have no patience).

If you are that impatient there are ways to alleviate that and help you chill out. One, and you have probably never considered this, is the use of marijuana.

That would be totally illegal, I would never condone the use of illegal substances.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

That would be totally illegal, I would never condone the use of illegal substances.

Did DJ hack the elwood account cause I could swear I've heard that line before?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

Pannini and pasta and who know's what's next... Ugh.

Given their customer demographics expect to see flu shots and lap dances.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

The coffee has gone even further downhill, guess it's pukes coffee when I'm out and about .

Btw Costco had a sweet deal on Starbucks French Roast Beans this week, really good coffee, kicked myself in the head last time for only buying one.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

Btw Costco had a sweet deal on Starbucks French Roast Beans this week, really good coffee, kicked myself in the head last time for only buying one.

Starbarfs???

Try the Whole Foods brand bagged beans - 24oz whole beans $14.99 - different blends & varietals.