Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Webslinger

Re: Time for a stop sell on McNicoll POI?

said by Webslinger See ProfileSecondly, Marc claims McNicoll has plenty of capacity, and, if that's true the problem is not POI capacity related (and, in turn, everything you just wrote is pointless). Thirdly, Teksavvy needs to know that a problem exists--and where it exists. 24.156.149.133 does drop packets and appears to be owned by Rogers, for example. And, lastly, Teksavvy, to its credit, has contacted me asking for this (type of) information. As such, I'm updating the thread.

Regardless, people who are receiving poor service (poor throughput/transfer rates) and paying for it have every right to complain. Otherwise, the situation will certainly never improve.
[/BQUOTE :

}
I'm with Rogers in Scarborough and my subdivision runs along McNicoll, and is about a 5 minute drive from the actual POI itself and I have no issues with my 25/2 package during peak hours, so I doubt it's node congestion.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Thank you for that. I checked with my neighbor last night and he was able to stream in 1080p on netflix just fine, while my connection is constantly trying to buffer 720p.

Webslinger

join:2004-05-01
reply to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr :
I'm with Rogers in Scarborough and my subdivision runs along McNicoll, and is about a 5 minute drive from the actual POI itself and I have no issues with my 25/2 package during peak hours, so I doubt it's node congestion.

Between 9:30p.m. and 11 p.m.?

Well, if this situation doesn't improve in about about a month, I'll have to look for another ISP, unfortunately. I really do like Teksavvy though.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
said by Webslinger:

said by yyzlhr See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

Between 9:30p.m. and 11 p.m.?

Well, if this situation doesn't improve in about about a month, I'll have to look for another ISP, unfortunately. I really do like Teksavvy though.

Yep, it actually works as expected at all hours.

A A

join:2013-02-14
reply to Webslinger
maybe a fix was implemented for you all?

this is 'early' at 6pm, i know. but im on the 18/.5 package, so this is the first time im seeing sustained speeds that i usually only ever get at the moments speedboost is on?

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
6pm is way too early to notice degradation, in my experience. It's 10 past 9 now and I'm at 9mb/s.

chinesedevil

join:2010-08-03
Scarborough, ON

8.5 for me, the upload was at .66 then jumped to .9 at last second lol. On 28/1 here DOCSIS3.0 modem.

Webslinger

join:2004-05-01
reply to A A
said by A A :
maybe a fix was implemented for you all?
No

quote:
this is 'early' at 6pm, i know.

Need to test between 9:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.

I'm being told that the switch to ATPIA on April 10th should fix the congestion issue. If things don't improve, I'll have to jump ship.