share rss forum feed

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to TSI Andre

Re: Time for a stop sell on McNicoll POI?

Nothing yet but I haven't forgotten.

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

said by TSI Andre:

Nothing yet but I haven't forgotten.

Okay, would you please ask someone at TSI to consider a stop-sell on McNicoll until upgrades are implemented? Also, if CNOC wins against Rogers without any upgrades from TSI, I can't see prime time getting any better on this POI.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Webslingerac

Mmm yeah if a stop-sell isn't put in place because upgrades are being anticipated, I'm jumping ship. As much as I think the service has improved over the course of a year, TSI + Rogers have had a terrible track record when it comes to fulfilling upgrades and I'm definitely not going through that crap a fourth time now that there's Start.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Webslingerac

I think we are at the point now, instead of upgrading non-agg poi's it makes more sense to just move to aggregated. Much easier to manage for TSI, and order upgrades.

I have a feeling though with the pure amount of pois suddenly having speed issues, there is something much bigger/broader going on.

Either every POI is getting hit all at once, ROGERS has messed with something, or TSI's network as whole on the backside is getting overloaded, or something else. It seems odd that all of a sudden MULTI POI's are having issue, not just one. Rogers customers don't seem to be complaining, and by some on here with both rogers and TSI, it seems to be isolated to TSI.

If this is a capacity issue, due to not looking ahead on the fault of TSI, they need to explain why they just can't seem it project this. It's getting very rediculous if that's the case.

If it's something else, on Rogers or their end, this needs to be addressed, sooner than later.

This has nothing to do with the technology, or we would see all cable providers effected. It's to do with either technical fault, inability to project, or just pure incompetence on either ROGERS or TSI's end.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5

1 recommendation

said by koreyb:

It's to do with either technical fault, inability it project, or just pure incompetence on either ROGERS or TSI's end.

Or TSI trying to do a balancing act to avoid over-spending on keeping non-aggregated alive while they buy time for their aggregated transition.

While aggregated should be much simpler for upgrades and management, the tariff rates are ~8X higher so it is understandable that TSI is not exactly in a hurry to switch over.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Likely they'll switch congested POIs over first for users.

Its a very nice well meaning thought. If that is at all in the strategy that gets implemented during the POI to APOI transition - wonderful.
Heres hoping!
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

HKPolice

join:2002-08-09
Scarborough, ON
reply to Webslingerac

I don't think TSI will be stop selling anytime soon. I remember how bad it got last time they did. I was barely able to break 500KB/s (4Mbit) during peak hours.

Time to switch ISPs until TSI goes aggregated end of this year.

koreyb

East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to InvalidError

said by InvalidError:

[
While aggregated should be much simpler for upgrades and management, the tariff rates are ~8X higher so it is understandable that TSI is not exactly in a hurry to switch over.

One of the decisions the CRTC is coming out with is the rates.. The interim rates are too high I agree.. but they are not yet in stone. At this point, pissing off customers and have them run to other options could be far worst.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to HKPolice

Hey gang,

Not ignoring this thread. Been trying to nail down timelines so I could report back..

What's going on is that the POI end of things is fine. We've had more signups than expected this month but we had plenty on the POI end to accommodate. What's happened though is that some of the reshuffling on the ten gig links, where all the POI links aggregate back together, hasn't happened yet. What we have as a result is one backhaul link that's got too much load and another that's got less load. We also have another 10gig link that's getting installed nearly in parallel. In the last three months we've actually ordered something like 30+ links... That's the scoop. Should be fixed soon. I'll keep updating as things progress on the new links.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

koreyb

East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by TSI Marc:

Should be fixed soon. I'll keep updating as things progress on the new links.

Soon as in ROGERS version of "SOON" or a soon you have control over? The ROGERS version usually means months to a year... Sorry if I don't sound too positive about the word "SOON"

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
reply to koreyb

said by koreyb:

One of the decisions the CRTC is coming out with is the rates.. The interim rates are too high I agree.. but they are not yet in stone. At this point, pissing off customers and have them run to other options could be far worst.

The joys of trying to do business when you know you may get the rug pulled from under your feet.

I'm not holding my breath about revised CBB rates. If Bell and friends do their worst with maximizing costs, I have imagined ways to get the ~$20/Mbps to stick so I am going to be pretty surprised if the CRTC sets the rates significantly below $10/Mbps... about half as high as current interim rates but still about twice what they would probably be if incumbents wanted to be cooperative and efficient about it.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 edit
reply to koreyb

said by koreyb:

said by TSI Marc:

Should be fixed soon. I'll keep updating as things progress on the new links.

Soon as in ROGERS version of "SOON" or a soon you have control over? The ROGERS version usually means months to a year... Sorry if I don't sound too positive about the word "SOON"

I hear ya. I'm trying to nail down a timeline but 1-3 weeks is my best guess right now. We have physical assignments for the new 10 gig link. So it's close.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

canada

said by TSI Marc:

I hear ya. I'm trying to nail down a timeline but 1-3 weeks is my best guess right now. We have physical assignments for the new 10 gig link. So it's close.

Thank you

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to Webslingerac

time for maybe aggregated POI?

Forgo this upgrading each individual POI business and get speedmatching parity altogether?

more timely upgrades at front street, speedmatching and larger service footprint

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by xdrag:

Forgo this upgrading each individual POI business and get speedmatching parity altogether?

more timely upgrades at front street, speedmatching and larger service footprint

You might wanna view the CNOC thread - TSI & Rogers have worked out a plan together for non-agg to agg conversion.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

said by resa1983:

said by xdrag:

You might wanna view the CNOC thread - TSI & Rogers have worked out a plan together for non-agg to agg conversion.

just checked it out, seems like a stall-fest for now. No concrete plan in place just promises by Rogers. Let's hope they work out something soon. These patch-work fixes isn't the future when competing against other wholesalers like start

LiLGh0st

join:2011-01-06
Scarborough, ON
reply to Webslingerac

I'm having issues on the Comstock POI as well.
I have the 28/1 plan.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to xdrag

said by xdrag:

said by resa1983:

said by xdrag:

just checked it out, seems like a stall-fest for now. No concrete plan in place just promises by Rogers. Let's hope they work out something soon. These patch-work fixes isn't the future when competing against other wholesalers like start

Stall-fest?
TSI & Rogers has a plan together, which Marc's going to be attempting to move up now.

Remember, just because Marc hasn't posted full details, doesn't mean they don't have tentative plans. People tend to take it out on him if plans change even slightly. I don't blame him for not posting info yet.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
reply to LiLGh0st

Comstock can't possibly be saturated allready!

Expand your moderator at work

LiLGh0st

join:2011-01-06
Scarborough, ON
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: Time for a stop sell on McNicoll POI?

Well, my friends who live in my neighborhood who I've recommended Teksavvy too, seems to report slow services as well.

Webslingerac

canada
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Sticking around with Teksavvy right now is a pretty painful decision on the McNicoll POI at the moment.

28/1
SB6120

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take during prime time.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Expecting an upgrade tomorrow morning. Lets see if that solves it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON
reply to Webslingerac

Just in case things should go wrong and things don't go as planned, I've found a nifty little guide to help people through the troubles of no internet. This should get you started.

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Expecting an upgrade tomorrow morning. Lets see if that solves it.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IIrf_JSuQk

Webslingerac

canada
reply to MrMazda86

said by MrMazda86:

Just in case things should go wrong and things don't go as planned, I've found a nifty little guide to help people through the troubles of no internet. This should get you started.

Sorry, internet's too slow. Can't load picture.

Webslingerac

canada

1 edit

Better than last night, but this is still worse than when I originally posted:

and

Downstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 1 2 3 4
Frequency 591000000 Hz 597000000 Hz 603000000 Hz 609000000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB
Downstream Modulation QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256
Power Level
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
-1 dBmV -2 dBmV -2 dBmV -2 dBmV

Upstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 5 1 2 6
Frequency 22096000 Hz 31296000 Hz 25296000 Hz 38596000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 88 88 88 88
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/sec 2.560 Msym/sec 2.560 Msym/sec 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 39 dBmV 40 dBmV 39 dBmV 41 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[3] 16QAM
[2] 64QAM
[3] QPSK
[3] 16QAM
[2] 64QAM
[3] QPSK
[3] 16QAM
[2] 64QAM
[3] QPSK
[3] 16QAM
[2] 64QAM

Ranging Status Success Success Success Success

Signal Stats (Codewords) Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 1 2 3 4
Total Unerrored Codewords 3890784040 3888907090 3888907026 3888907254
Total Correctable Codewords 52 53 31 68
Total Uncorrectable Codewords 1373 1407 1396 1414

Webslingerac

canada

Oddly, I tested around 8 p.m. EST today, and my speed tests were pretty good (24-26 Mb/s). But it's pretty bad starting around 9:15 p.m. (maybe earlier) to 9:30 p.m. onwards.

Out of curiosity is there any reason to believe this situation will improve for me after the switch to aggregated?

Webslingerac

canada

And at midnight . . .

raphaeld
Premium
join:2011-03-20
Scarborough, ON

must be nice...

past 4am. 28/1 power...