spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mattrixx
join:2004-02-18
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

Multimedia Video Controller: No driver found

I have been trying to install an AverMedia HD DVR "Capture Card", but during the SETUP from either installation CD or the latest correct downloaded driver and App,
I get unsuccessful driver(s) installation, with a "Multimedia Video Controller" "X No driver found" message and resulting failure of the capture card to function properly.

I am running Win7 64bit with latest the Asus chipset drivers downloaded and installed for my Z77 MB. I also have the latest Graphics Adapter drivers installed for my Intel 4000 "on chip" graphics (I-7 3770K).

There are NO problems or "exclamation points" when looking at Device Manager, and under "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" my AVerMedia C027 PCIe HD Capture Device / Properties/ indicates "device is working properly".

I am failing to understand where the missing driver problem for the "Multimedia Video Controller" lies as I have looked for a specific Multimedia Video Controller driver and have found none that I recognize as such.
I figure its included as part of the Asus Chipset drivers?

If anyone here can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it, as I`m getting tired of installing, uninstalling and re installing this card's drivers and apps!
At one point towards the end of the driver installations, one can actually watch where it pauses and then quits, failing to complete a number of final drivers.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

The driver is likely for the card itself and not part of the chipset drivers.

If the AP installed but the driver itself is having issues- then I would get just the driver from here: »www.avermedia-usa.com/AV ··· APDriver

About halfway down to just get the driver for Win 7 64 bit with a date of 12/10/12.

mattrixx
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

Yeah thanks for your reply, but as I wrote in my post, I do have the latest 64bit downloaded drivers for this card from this exact link.

Downloaded and tried Driver is:
Instal Drv_C027_Drv1.52.64.37Win7_x64_121210

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

What I did not know if it was the driver by itself or in the AP/Driver package - that was not in the original post. From the post it sounds like it was the AP/Driver package rather than the driver by itself.

mattrixx
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

At this point in time, I have installed both ways with NO difference

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

Is your anti virus running while installing?

It also says you need a graphics card, have you tried using one just to see if it helps the install?

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to mattrixx

MVM

to mattrixx
Have you tried manually installing the driver from device manager? Extract the driver only package to a folder, right click the Multimedia Video Controller in device manager, and update the driver, pointing it to look in the folder you extracted to.

If it is anything like the Hauppauge cards, once that driver is installed, you will see a few new devices detected. Repeat the same process for each of them. Once complete, run the main software installer again.

mattrixx
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

After first completely uninstalling AVerMedia Drivers and AP from computer this time using RevoUninstaller, I restarted my computer and saw where Windows try`s and failed to install drivers for the card it just re found. This is normal(?), as the instructions for the AVerMedia card say to "cancel" this step, insert the installation CD and begin setup.

However, this time I go to Device Manager and find under Other Devices: Multimedia Video Controller. I right click, then click "Update Driver". I point it to the new Folder I created with just the single (most recent) Driver Package inside:
* InstalDrv_C027_Drv_1.52.64.37_win7_x64_121210 *

I click NEXT on this Folder with this driver package inside and get back:
"Windows was unable install your Multimedia Video Controller".
"Windows could not find driver software for your device".
Like it completely ignores the driver pkg inside the Folder!!

I don't know what else to try to correctly install the missing driver(s)?

Thanks for any further insight.
mattrixx

mattrixx to norwegian

to norwegian
Norwegian

Anti-Virus running but shouldn`t be a problem? Never had to turn off before when installing new hardware drivers.

I don`t have a PCIe Video Card to try. I am using I-7 3770K Intel 4000 on chip video accelerator.

norwegian
Premium Member
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

Normally it wouldn't matter but as you are having issues it is a basic check with the A/V.

I understand your using the onboard gpu of the Intel cpu.
The site support faq's is specific about a graphics card though, onboard gpu chipsets are not mentioned in the basic requirements for this tuner card. The "can't install driver" might not be relative the the tuner card itself, it maybe looking for other hardware - including a graphics card.
I'd email the company themselves though and ask them just to be clear on your needs because, even though it is Win 7 and 8 compatible it is a out-dated card - and also ask them about your errors while at it. This request should be free I'd think.

mattrixx
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

I am actually awaiting a response from AverMedia USA support on this very matter,
by my registration and problem question submitted, with any answer(s) via followup E-Mail.
I am NOT going to hold my breath!!

I can try shutting off Anti-Virus. As for Video Card, doesn't Intel on chip graphics count?

Thanks

norwegian
Premium Member
Outback

norwegian

Premium Member

You would think so, but the fact your card is outdated maybe due to the new hardware, Sandybridge and Ivy CPUs requiring hardware changes on the capture card to access the new graphics design because the capture card maybe calling functions across the PCIex lanes not the cpu itself. Only the company can enlighten you on that.