Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

Young Justice and Green Lantern - Cancelled

»sciencefiction.com/2013/01/28/yo···tans-go/

quote:
Cartoon Network announced its new “Up Fronts” or, in other words, its new season, and both of its current DC Nation shows, ‘Young Justice: Invasion’ and ‘Green Lantern: The Animated Series’ are not to be found. In their place, Cartoon Network has substituted ‘Beware The Batman’ and ‘Teen Titans Go!’

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

1 edit

1 recommendation

Ugh Teen Titans Go not interested. I'll give Beware the Batman a spin but how can I be sure they won't abandon this as well. So we've got Thunder Cats unfinished which should be a crime. GL which was just getting interesting canceled. I could care less about the Ryan Reynolds Movie. And Young justice which had some real depth to it canceled.

I think we can go ahead and stick a fork in CN just like Syfy. This along with the heralded return of Toonami which has next to nothing new to offer IMO. Sure they show some wonderful older shows Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell etc but as someone else on this very forum I believe already said they're getting a little long in the tooth. It would be nice if DC/Warner Bros. would / could continue Young Justice for another season or two on another network. Same with Thunder Cats if it's going to end up in limbo.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Stem Bolt

Disappointing to say the least,......

Young Justice was very entertaining.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Stem Bolt

Well, we knew Beware the Batman was coming in Feb as with TT Go!. They're likely only swapping out GL + YJ for them to play, rather than make DC Universe 2 hours long. This doesn't mean the shows have been "cancelled" as yet.

Though it wouldn't be the first time this has happened in the middle... *cough*Thundercats*cough*

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Lets hope then,.....

Still, "Not Whelmed,....Not Whelmed at all,...!!!".

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to captokita

Has Thundercats been officially cancelled? I thought it was just on hiatus, but they hadn't announced it's return yet.

If YJ and GL has really been cancelled, then I'm goign to be seriously pissed. Both my wife and i really enjoy those series.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC

I don't know for sure, I just assume it was. Considering CN just dropped it with not a word, no reruns, no nothing, just..... gone.

At least with it playing on Toonami, we will soon see if it continues or not.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to Stem Bolt

According to tvrage.com both these shows display:

"Status: Final Season" with the last episode airdate of Jan 26, 2013.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Alpha Phoenix

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Has Thundercats been officially cancelled?

Seems like it: »www.tvrage.com/search.php?jumpMe···utton=Go
--

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

According to tvrage.com both these shows display:

"Status: Final Season" with the last episode airdate of Jan 26, 2013.

If that''s true, it's a really short season, since they both just started 3 weeks ago.

My DVR still says GL & YJ are playing tomorrow, both new. GL is the fallout of last week's tough ending.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Doesn't say canceled, it says: "Final Season". By "last" it means the last time it aired -- that was ambiguous, sorry!
--

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Stem Bolt

Sorry for the necro but I somehow missed this news and only found out this past weekend. Man that sucks. I'll never understand TV execs: they put YJ on for what, half a season, then take this big long extended hiatus with no end in sight. Then they air the second half of the season and introduce GL (which I thought was good). They then change the date and time from Friday night to Saturday morning, then during season 2 take another long, unannounced hiatus, replacing DC Nation with another show. Then they bring both back like nothing happened only to cancel them, presumably because they couldn't find a big enough audience. Well I wonder why.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

reply to Stem Bolt

Well, they're both still playing - I'm surprised, because they had Batman slated to start in Feb I thought. Personally, I like YJ & GL over a new Batman series anyway, so I'm not complaining. I just hope the current stories in both series conclude, rather than just stop in the middle.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to bionicRod

Agree with both of you!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

And so they have both ended. These two great series have come to their epic close.

What do you guys think about how they concluded?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

Too bad, I really liked YJ,.....

Didn't much care for GL though,....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

Sign these petitions to keep the shows alive! Pass them on!!!

»www.change.org/petitions/cartoon···d-series

»www.change.org/petitions/cartoon···justice#
--