I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast

Apple TV 3.2

Apple TV 3.2 download available to day as well »9to5mac.com/2013/01/28/apple-qui···e-tv-32/
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Well, I turned on my 2nd Gen Apple TV and went to updates to download this. Well, its been stuck about halfway on the 1st part of the update. Been like this for about 2 hours. I'm certain that it is frozen. What do I do? Is it bricked? I have had it for more than a year so I am certain it is not covered under any warranty. Any tips?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by obeythelaw:

Well, I turned on my 2nd Gen Apple TV and went to updates to download this. Well, its been stuck about halfway on the 1st part of the update. Been like this for about 2 hours. I'm certain that it is frozen. What do I do? Is it bricked? I have had it for more than a year so I am certain it is not covered under any warranty. Any tips?

See if this helps.

»support.apple.com/kb/HT4367
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ

Thank you. I will be trying that when I get home from work!

gjrhine

join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC
reply to obeythelaw

said by obeythelaw:

If you are using ethernet, disconnect and try wi-fi. Well known work around.
--
Gary in South Carolina --For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:5
reply to obeythelaw

said by obeythelaw:

I had the same issue... I unplugged the power, waited 1 min.. plugged the power back on and restarted the download and it worked.
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
reply to not quite right

I don't think 3.2 means what you think it means.

There is a new Apple TV update numbered 6.1, which includes information about a possible new 3,2 platform.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by bobrk:

There is a new Apple TV update numbered 6.1, which includes information about a possible new 3,2 platform.

?

I believe it's version 5.2.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to bobrk

said by bobrk:

The article I quoted was a little confusing to say the least. My Apple TV's are reporting the update as 5.2 ... and yes they took forever to install.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to obeythelaw

said by obeythelaw:

I had the same issue. I tried it about 3 times.

The way mine worked was by disconnecting the ATV from my Network, and then reconnecting. I then updated with no problem.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

said by bobrk:

?

I believe it's version 5.2.

Yeah, I had a feeling I botched that.

It's always good to make a mistake when you're correcting somebody.