Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

3-D 'Star Wars' prequels on hold

»social.entertainment.msn.com/mov···7d7687f7

quote:
Lucasfilm said in a statement Monday that it's postponing the scheduled 3-D releases of "Star Wars: Episode II — Attack Of The Clones" and "Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" this fall to instead focus its efforts on "Star Wars: Episode VII."

Darn, there goes my life. I so wanted to see Jar Jar Binks in 3d.

I guess the flop that Phantom Menace 3d turned out to be was enough to make them stop. It only made 22 mil. When it opened last year.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Disney looking out for the bottom line now.. its not about the fans or the art, it's about MONEY!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Snakeoil

Below is an attempt to type like jar jar talks.
Mesa gladesa that theysa putsa focus onsa 7.
--
»Death Star Petition

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

»social.entertainment.msn.com/mov···7d7687f7

quote:
Lucasfilm said in a statement Monday that it's postponing the scheduled 3-D releases of "Star Wars: Episode II — Attack Of The Clones" and "Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" this fall to instead focus its efforts on "Star Wars: Episode VII."

Darn, there goes my life. I so wanted to see Jar Jar Binks in 3d.

I guess the flop that Phantom Menace 3d turned out to be was enough to make them stop. It only made 22 mil. When it opened last year.

People are finally tired of the re-release gimmicks, Lucas milked that cow for all that it was worth and now Disney is left with a dried up old cow, time to make new films. I had no ambition at all to see any Star Wars movies in 3D. I did go see 4,5,and 6 when they digitally enhanced them years ago but please no 3D.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

Agreed. I kinda hope they use the Timothy Zhan trilogy, as the bases for the next three movies.

But then again, the only decent movie out of the 3 new ones, was the last one. The first would have been ok, but they had to introduce that damn Jar Jar. Though his true purpose was revealed in the 3rd movie. Making him one of the founders of the empire. Though he did it unintentionally, and was the patsy.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Snakeoil:

damn Jar Jar. Though his true purpose was revealed in the 3rd movie. Making him one of the founders of the empire. Though he did it unintentionally, and was the patsy.

Or was he really Darth Jar-Jar?
--
»Death Star Petition

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

Agreed. I kinda hope they use the Timothy Zhan trilogy, as the bases for the next three movies.

Everything that I've found indicates VII - IX will be "original" material and not based on any of the novels.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Snakeoil

So, they are making 6 in 3d instead of 2? If so I'm okay with this.

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
reply to Snakeoil

I'd much rather see episodes 7-9 than episodes 1-6 in 3D. Hell I'd pay a shit ton of money for remastered blu rays of "ORIGINAL" episodes 4-6 before all the changes Lucas made. Han shoots first mother*&%^!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to DanHo

I just hope its still the "legacy of Darth Vader" to properly fit with the other 2 trilogies.
--
»Death Star Petition