spc
uniqs
swbrains
join:2004-04-14
Land O Lakes, FL

swbrains to k2rj

to k2rj

Re: Samsung DVR Probs & Ques

I've had two instances in the past month or so where my 8742 HDC DVR would turn on (I could see the "on" symbol on the panel illuminate) but it would output no picture and no audio.

I could then turn it off and on at that point using either the remote or the front panel button, but still no audio or video output.

The last time it happened, it said it was recording but we had nothing set to record at that time.

Pulling the plug and restarting it has resolved the issue in both cases.

After rebooting it the last time, we looked at the recorded shows list but there was nothing listed from that day so I'm not sure why the recording light was on while it was acting up.

I did notice a little "flag" icon in the display the last time it was acting up but I don't know if that means anything.
waynew
join:2012-03-16
Lake Mary, FL

waynew

said by swbrains:

I've had two instances in the past month or so where my 8742 HDC DVR would turn on (I could see the "on" symbol on the panel illuminate) but it would output no picture and no audio.

I could then turn it off and on at that point using either the remote or the front panel button, but still no audio or video output.

I have seen this multiple times on both of my 8742s. Unfortunately, I often missed recordings when this happened. Seems to be fairly common as others have reported it also.