spc
Search similar:

uniqs
activoice
join:2008-02-10
York, ON

activoice

#alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 requests??

Looks like the alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 requests website disappeared... I'm assuming this was on purpose...

Also if I try to join the channel on IRC I get a response of

Cannot join channel (+k)

I assume that means that I need a password. I haven't logged into the IRC channel in months... Anyone know what happened??

A PM would be fine, I understand this kind of topic is sensitive... Really would love to know if the websites been moved and what the new address is...

dks7
join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA

dks7

Not sure here, I used to go there now and then to see whats happening. +k usually seems to mean they probably have kicked out most people from the channel and are discussing changes. It happened in the teevee channels a few weeks back when all the tv show posting issues was going on. Would be nice to know whats going on too.

topatio
@rogers.com

topatio to activoice

Anon

to activoice
ya, this is unfortunate. Usually one or the other will do but both down is no good.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe

site op apparently called it quits
BoogaBooga
join:2004-06-12
Canada

BoogaBooga to activoice

to activoice
#gotnzb4u called it quits as well.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to activoice

to activoice
That sucks.
activoice
York, ON

activoice

Without that website or access to the IRC channel there isn't any easy way to figure out what is being posted now that most posts no longer contain the release name. I've now been downloading every nzb file that hits alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 grabbing a few files and figuring out what the post is.

On the bright side by making it more difficult to figure out what's being posted it should reduce, or slow down the number of DMCA takedown requests, if we can barely figure out what's bing posted the lawyers don't have much of a chance either. Also it's much more time consuming than just looking at the subject line.

The other alternative is to join sites where people post nzb files of things they've spotted. Although there aren't many free ones and most of them have closed registrations. My fear is that soon everything is going to be password protected, and we'll have to pay sites to obtain the passwords.

jmikeh
Premium Member
join:2001-07-15
Tulsa, OK

jmikeh

Premium Member

Easynews web search is a godsend for searching certain binary groups.
activoice
York, ON

activoice

I've got that angle covered too, but with the backlog problems that the Easynews decoder has been having, they are not unraring all posts even though the post is complete.

jmikeh
Premium Member
join:2001-07-15
Tulsa, OK

jmikeh

Premium Member

it's not perfect but it does give an overview of what has been posted.