Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: [TWC] Why did the name change?

Myself and a couple of other members here (that I know about...could have been more) actually messaged management here suggesting that the name be changed since TW had made the decision to not use the Roadrunner name anymore. They certainly did not jump the gun here since the name was changed here months after TW made the decision to drop the Roadrunner name.

I sent this on 11/25/2012...

Hi guy.

Just a thought I had . Time Warner is not using the Roadrunner name or logo anymore for their internet. Maybe it is time to change the name of the Roadrunner Forum to the Time Warner Internet forum and update the logo at the top of the board to the newest Time Warner logo ? (yes, I know that everyone knows the internet service by the name "Roadrunner" , but maybe it is time for this change to happen )

Take care and keep up the good work !

Bob
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Still seems like jumping the gun to me.

How in the world will TWC EVER change email? The Master account is tied DIRECTLY to BILLING. You cannot use the Master account email address for this reason (well, those who care nothing about privacy can but most of us have never used it...we created SUB email accounts...I have about 7 or 8 now ... and use those). But login (to manage all my RR email accounts) is done by logging into my Master email account. It was ASSIGNED to me when I got RR in 2001 and it shows in the address how many other persons, within this franchise/division, with my surname signed up for RR before I did.

Perhaps, it is different on the Mainland as I know Oceanic TWC does not use the type of billing system that is used on the Mainland (unless they have switched in the past few months).

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey

Premium Member

A friend of mine has had DSL for years here. His phone territory was PacTel a long time and then became SBC. His e-mail address still ends with SBCglobal.net, although he is now in AT&T territory, as am I. He could get TWC there, but hasn't done that. He has one of the satellite providers for TV.
rcdailey

rcdailey to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
A friend of mine has had DSL for years here. His phone territory was PacTel a long time and then became SBC. His e-mail address still ends with SBCglobal.net, although he is now in AT&T territory, as am I. He could get TWC there, but hasn't done that. He has one of the satellite providers for TV.

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Still seems like jumping the gun to me.

How in the world will TWC EVER change email? The Master account is tied DIRECTLY to BILLING. You cannot use the Master account email address for this reason (well, those who care nothing about privacy can but most of us have never used it...we created SUB email accounts...I have about 7 or 8 now ... and use those). But login (to manage all my RR email accounts) is done by logging into my Master email account. It was ASSIGNED to me when I got RR in 2001 and it shows in the address how many other persons, within this franchise/division, with my surname signed up for RR before I did.

Perhaps, it is different on the Mainland as I know Oceanic TWC does not use the type of billing system that is used on the Mainland (unless they have switched in the past few months).

No it isn't. I don't even have a TWC/Comcast/RR email address. My email account listed on my services is my own domain and email address I've used for 12 years.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Mele20

MVM

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

How in the world will TWC EVER change email?

Probably the same way Comcast changed email; 'adelphia.net', 'home.net', 'attbi.com', and even, due to territory swap, '*.rr.com' were all converted to: 'comcast.net'.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to chamberc

Premium Member

to chamberc
"No it isn't. I don't even have a TWC/Comcast/RR email address. My email account listed on my services is my own domain and email address I've used for 12 years."

I would bet you have one somewhere.

Hob